Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: weber experts wanted  (Read 3732 times)

smokeyjoeuk-ray

• Smokey Joe
weber experts wanted
« on: October 12, 2013, 04:33:57 AM »
hiya all, so i have got weberitus, not actually confirmed by the doc, but i know i have it and there is no known cure.

so, hard one but can anybody gimme a clue as to the age of this one? i'm looking at the handles but as a newbie to weber i'm out of my depth.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Weber-Bbq-/321222721544?pt=UK_Home_Garden_BBQ_s_Accessories_LE&hash=item4aca5dc008

it's only a couple of hours from me and has been listed a couple of times, if it is worth it, i'll go for it.

ta.

ray.

I need a red head in my life, and a roti ring.

JayCee

• WKC Brave
Re: weber experts wanted
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 05:15:15 AM »
Hi Ray,

Looks like a good kettle there. I love the 2 tone browns. The best way to determine the age would be to contact the seller and ask if she can give you the letter which is stamped on the vent. Then you can go to the determining age section on the home page. Could be a good buy depending on how much petrol will cost you when you're collecting it. Best of luck.

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
weber experts wanted
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 05:27:05 AM »
That's a 3 vent bottom bbq kettle. Last they made them in the US was 1999. Looks in great shape too. I would grab it if it were near me. It's most likely a bit darker of a color in person. 
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 05:54:54 AM »
And it has a roast/rib rack.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 06:30:07 AM »
My favorite subject. I see a One Touch lever on the bottom right of the picture, single screw wood handles, wide tab lid vent and a full disc (not twist style) ash catcher.... my best guess is 1987-1991. BTW I say ask the seller too for the letter on the lid vent. That's a clean looking chocolate and the roasting racks are nice and that's the old style rack too! The seller or someone must have brought that over from the States at some point. Hope you get it!! I have a 70s brown like that.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 06:32:03 AM by Craig »

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 06:34:11 AM »
Oh and that looks like the original cooking grate too turned upside down. Old style, thicker, lasts forever and constructed much better than the modern grates. Go get it!  ;D

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 06:35:30 AM »
I also thought I saw an OT lever, but I am not sure.  You can not see fins nor wheels on the interior shot.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 06:38:48 AM »
I'm thinking One Touch still because if it were a late 80s three wheeler, the triangle would be the basic center single bar triangle and no whitewalls on the wheels. This one has the nice triangle and the whiteys. One Touch or not, its brown and its pretty sweet looking.

smokeyjoeuk-ray

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 07:57:27 AM »
thanks gents, am not going to contact the seller, am just going to go for it and hope for the best.

will let ya know.

ray.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2013, 09:34:07 AM »

Let's Guess......for prizes !!!!

I say "M" code.......1990......fairly big year & the easiest guess....... :o
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2013, 12:34:20 PM »
My guess is H code
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Craig

• WKC Mod
weber experts wanted
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2013, 12:38:42 PM »
If we're guessing, I'm going with J code.

JayCee

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2013, 01:11:53 PM »
My guess is H code
H for Hogsy hey?

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2013, 01:43:54 PM »
My guess is H code
H for Hogsy hey?
Nah, more like H for 'A helluva lot of kettles were made and sold that year'
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

smokeyjoeuk-ray

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2013, 10:58:06 PM »
thanks for the replies, unfortunately for me its a no no, sent a message and the reply basically said they want a lot more via auction and are prepared to wait till next summer if they do not get enough.

considering the ad say's they were given it, they just seem like greedy buggers.

oh well, i'll keep looking.

it really is a disease this weberitus, i mean, half seven on a sunday morning looking at kettle's. :D

thanks all.

ray.