Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pepper Stout Beef  (Read 6123 times)

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
Pepper Stout Beef
« on: June 30, 2012, 03:24:28 AM »
Pepper Stout Beef
http://wolfepit.blogspot.com/2009/10/pepper-stout-beef.html

4lb - Chuck Roast
2 - Big Bell Peppers sliced
1 - Big Red Onion sliced
3 - Big Jalapenos Sliced seed and all
6 - Garlic Cloves mince
1/4 - cup Worcestershire Sauce
1 - 12oz Bottle Guinness Extra Stout
Kosher Salt and Black Pepper

Heavily season Chuck roast with salt and pepper and cook on a grill or smoker indirect in the 245º-260º range.  You can add smoke wood if you prefer, I did not.  Cook until the internal temperature reaches 165º.

While the roast is cooking, add the remaining ingredients in 13 x 9 or similar aluminum pan or oven safe pan. 

Once the roast hits 165º, place into pan directly on top of vegetable mixture and cover tightly with foil.  Cook roast in smoker or oven at 350º for 2.5-3hrs or until roast is fork tender.  Once meat is tender, shred all of the meat in the liquid and mix thoroughly and continue to cook until the liquid reduces by half.

Serve meat on hard rolls with your choice of cheese.  We used pepper jack on some and gorgonzola on some and liked both, but provolone, swiss, etc., would work perfectly fine.  Horseradish would be another good condiment.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 06:07:19 AM by Larry Wolfe »
Larry Wolfe
----------------------------
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot

Duke

• The Duke
Re: Pepper Stout Beef
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 05:16:46 AM »
This is like your signature dish Larry!

Vermin99

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 07:03:32 AM »
This recipe is a must try if you haven't made it before!!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 06:21:19 PM »
i did this a few weeks ago, it was fantastic.

sparky

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 10:10:05 AM »
This stuff is great Larry,made it a couple times this summer,hell might do it this weekend!  Thanks!

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 09:28:19 AM »
I wanted to add my experience with PSB to the thread.

I made two roasts and they were fantastic.  A few comments:

-I followed the recipe as stated, except that I used 1 bottle of Negro Modelo, and 1 can of beef broth split among my two roasts, rather than using a bottle of Guiness Stout. I used Yellow onion in lieue of red.
- I sliced the onions, Bell Peppers, and Jalapenos thick to avoid any concern of them disinegrating while cooking
-next time I will use more Jalapenos. We like spicy food down here, and more jalapeno would not hurt one bit.
-When I went to pull the roast, it was still marginally too tough so I did some slicing and some pulling before the final reduction. After final reduction it was all plemty tender.
-We served them on bakery hoagie rolls with provolone.  Some garnished with a horseradish mustard. 

This was FANTASTIC.  My vegs were not too mush or overcooked.  Loved it:

saxart

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 06:29:02 PM »
We just tried this recipe at the recommendation of a fellow forum member (thanks Greg!) and it was FANTASTIC!!!   It was a bit too spicy (and we even like spicy dishes!) so next time we may go with less Jalapenos, but the family was raving about it.

Fantastic flavor!!!

Interested in ANY offset handle SJs you may have.