Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My Seville  (Read 8612 times)

thoraudio

• Smokey Joe
Re: My Seville
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 07:38:45 AM »
They are the same, yours is missing the mesh insert. Must have rusted out and someone put the wood in there.

Thanks Brian, I'll check Home Depot for Butcher Block.  I hope to find something that is reasonably priced without having to go to Ikea.
Good Butcher Block is very expensive.

I think I've seen a better picture of yours somewhere, or at least one similar.  There are some subtle differences between them.

Post a bigger picture and we'll compare.

Mine has stamped metal 'tabs' to hold the cutting board area.  I don't believe yours does.  Additionally, yours has a lip around the edge, where mine is a single stamped piece for the top.

It's obvious they're the same maker, but maybe a different year model. 

thoraudio

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 08:00:08 AM »
I remembered I saw it on another Weber site, hope you don't mind if I borrow your picture.  :)

See the lip, I'm talking about?  And the lack of tabs for the cutting board under your grate?

Mine doesn't have the lip and has the tabs. 

My guess is, just a difference in the years produced, as they are both great.  Mine is probably later, because it looks like a cheaper design with a single stamped piece for the top and, most likely, wood inserts instead of metal.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2012, 05:53:42 PM »
did this style Seville not have the wire ring to old the ash catcher disc like the white seville? Or Am I confusing the wire ring for only being on the Imperial Sequoia?  ??? BTW, dont know why but the topic heading "My Seville" has the song "My Sharona" stuck in my head.  ;D

Craig

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2012, 08:19:37 PM »
These aren't necessarily called Sevilles.. No one has ever found one in a catalog, so its pure speculation as to what to call it.
These don't have bottom vents, so no need for an ash pan. The bowl just lifts out of the table and you could dump it.
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 08:29:00 PM »

These don't have bottom vents, so no need for an ash pan. The bowl just lifts out of the table and you could dump it.

Wait a minute! How does it pull air then? ???

I have a friend named Mike Sharoan. Yep, he's tired of hearing that song. Everytime his name is mentioned people break out the air guitar. ;D

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2012, 08:40:18 PM »
Its an 18" grill, it don't really need to pull that much air.
I'm so amazed at how many people don't like the SJP or SJ Gold becuase they donl't have bottom vents.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2012, 09:25:23 PM »
Right, but they have side vents. Please share a picture of th bottom of yours. You could grill, but it might be difficult to slow cook without a bottom vent. Doesn't that kind of go against Georges theory? ???

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2012, 07:11:41 AM »
I agree, its really a griller and not a slow cooker. But I have other grills and smokers for that.
Pictures later..

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2012, 01:53:49 PM »
Just bring them to me and I'll compare.  Sometime's AJ doesn't notice the small details.  It's hard to see from the hammock.

Brian
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X