Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My Seville  (Read 8592 times)

thoraudio

• Smokey Joe
My Seville
« on: September 05, 2012, 10:56:18 AM »
Hello all.  Just joined but I've lurked a little while.  Posted this stuff over at BBQ Brethren, but figured y'all would like a look too.

I just got into queing seriously in the last year or so.  Previously had stuck with gas grilling.  Built a UDS and off down the winding road I went.

Family went to grandma's house on the 4th.  I knew this was there, but never had an appreciation for it before.

That old thing, it's rusted out, we never use it.

So, on the back of the truck it goes.

Some wd-40 and elbow grease on the wheels, a sandblasting and paint later and you get

Unfortunately, the kettle itself is rusted out, destined to become a flower pot or wall decoration.  So I picked up a OTS and added a galvanized bucket for an ash catcher.

I still have to level up the grill, as the original had two handles, and the OTS only has one.  But, other than that, it cooks great.

Hope you liked the pics. 

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
Re: My Seville
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 11:04:35 AM »
 8) super cool grill!!  Thanks for sharing.  Nice work on paint too.  I would love to find one of those.

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 12:31:10 PM »
thats a sensational pick up
from the photo the old grill didnt look to bad
more pics of the old grill
id prefer if it had an old grill in it or at least some timber handles!
once again great pick up sweeeet trolley
im very jelous
thanks for posting
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

michael w

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 01:04:41 PM »
Sweet...
Some kettles, couple smokey joes, a preformer, 18" WSM and the wifes Q300.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 01:24:01 PM »
That's a beauty!

thoraudio

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 01:27:52 PM »
Thanks to all.  I'm enjoying it.

thats a sensational pick up
from the photo the old grill didnt look to bad
more pics of the old grill
id prefer if it had an old grill in it or at least some timber handles!
once again great pick up sweeeet trolley
im very jelous
thanks for posting

A couple of extra pics.

The top is fine, other than rotted wood on the handle and patina.  The bottom, however, is completely rusted away from the daisy wheels (they're long gone).

Near as we can figure, my aunt and uncle got it in the mid-late 70s.  My dad says they had a complete matching patio set, but I'm assuming it was just the Weber cart/grill and some similar looking wrought furniture. 

Does anybody have the Weber catalog with these in it?  I've seen the more ornate Sevilles in catalogs on here and elsewhere, but I've never seen this model. 

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 01:30:10 PM »
If you ever decide to part with the bowl and lid email me. I have a project in mind they would be perfect for.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 05:49:14 PM »
That's a nice looking setup!

Craig

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 07:34:44 PM »
i'm glad you signed up and shared the photo.

I wrote a note to myself on a post-it note and stuck it to my 3rd monitor to remind me to post your pics here - but clearly the post-it note system doesn't work for me.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 07:44:29 PM »
That is awesome! My wife wold prefer that, to SS Performer.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 08:08:36 PM »
Nice job on the modern retro refurb. It looks really good.  I like how you saved it and brought it back to life.  What did you use for the new wood table?  If you need new wood handles to fix that old grill or make your cart look a little more retro let me know, I have what you need. 

Brian
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 08:27:35 PM »
Here is mine. I plan to put a 18" gold in it and make it a modern yet old looking grill.
I'm not painting mne, but I will clean it real well. I like the green highlights on it.
Looks like a patina but its not. Oh, and if I can find a cutting board to fit, that will really set it off.

I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 08:35:08 PM »
Don't they sell butcher blocks at Home Depot?  I saw some somewhere they came in many sizes if I recall.

Brian

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

thoraudio

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 04:27:11 AM »
Here is mine. I plan to put a 18" gold in it and make it a modern yet old looking grill.
I'm not painting mne, but I will clean it real well. I like the green highlights on it.
Looks like a patina but its not. Oh, and if I can find a cutting board to fit, that will really set it off.

I noticed that yours is slightly different.  Yours has a lip around the edge of the top, while mine is a single piece of metal. 

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 06:15:09 AM »
They are the same, yours is missing the mesh insert. Must have rusted out and someone put the wood in there.

Thanks Brian, I'll check Home Depot for Butcher Block.  I hope to find something that is reasonably priced without having to go to Ikea.
Good Butcher Block is very expensive.
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..