Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Mastertouch Production Years  (Read 2541 times)

G

• WKC Ranger
Mastertouch Production Years
« on: September 03, 2012, 06:47:18 PM »
Im a big fan of the MT and was wondering if anyone knows when Weber started and stopped production of this style.  I can verify the years from 1992 (O) through 1999 (EE)....anyone else have an idea? 

Craig

• WKC Mod
Re: Mastertouch Production Years
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 06:56:35 PM »
Best guess (and based on some research) for me is that the Mastertouch began as the "One Touch Plus" in 1988 (K) through 1991 (N) with an open ash pan and did not get the "gold" style ash bucket until at least 1992 (O)  and was made through 1999 (EE). In 2000 (DD) the One Touch Gold was introduced, I remember my Weber rep at the time, Alan (when I worked for The Home Depot in Sept, 2000) at the time told us the "Silver" and "Gold" tiers were new for 2000. That was also the day I found out that Weber was no longer making bright red grills  :'( , but that Maroon was the new "red". Why Weber didnt keep the lid bale and thermometer at least for the OTG is beyond me!?

Craig
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 07:04:28 PM by husker_red »

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 09:05:56 PM »
I can confirm part of that, as I have a red 'K' One-Touch Plus that came with the open ash pan.  But thanks to the expertise of guys like Brian I modded an ash can on it so I can pretend it is a true MT. 
One of the charcoal people.

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 08:26:33 AM »
I can confirm part of that, as I have a red 'K' One-Touch Plus that came with the open ash pan.  But thanks to the expertise of guys like Brian I modded an ash can on it so I can pretend it is a true MT.

I also have a red "K" one touch plus that some day will be modified.  I just picked up a EE (99) master touch this weekend.  I don't get getting rid of the lid bale on the golds.  The bale is awesome and way better than the hook.  If the info is correct I span the time line for the OTP and the MT.  8)