Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Error Trying to Post Something  (Read 1392 times)

Eapples

• WKC Brave
Error Trying to Post Something
« on: September 10, 2013, 12:23:47 PM »
I was logged in.  I was trying to start a new topic in one of the forums.  I typed the post, and I clicked on "preview."  I received a message saying that I had to be logged in in order to post a comment, and I was brought to the login screen.  Everything that I had typed was gone.

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
Re: Error Trying to Post Something
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 12:49:42 PM »
I've had that happen a few times but not lately
I've got in the habit of copying my post before I hit the preview or post button so I can paste it if it disappears
But yeah it's frustrating
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 12:50:31 PM »
You might have run up against the log-in time limit - default is 60 mins. Happens to me all the time when I'm at a remote computer or on my ipad. You can change that when you first log in. I'll defer to Troy on the specifics of how it all works or if something else is amiss behind the scenes.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 04:41:37 AM »
There's a really interesting thing about this forum in particular that I REALLY LIKE.......

If that happens, just go ahead & log in, then hit the back button, I believe it is twice & your write up will pop back up in the box & you're logged & good to go.......other places are not like this & beileve me, I've lost some monumental shit in the past !!!!

Copying the whole post is not such a bad idea either......just hold left click & swipe across the entire type block to hi-lite, then  right click & choose 'copy'.....this holds the info on your clipboard temorarily..........log & get ready, then start a posting block & either right click &'paste' or hold down'Ctrl' & tap the letter 'V'.................
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 08:55:07 AM »
Just stay logged in permanently and this problem goes away 8)
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791