Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Live going away party cookout  (Read 3337 times)

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
Live going away party cookout
« on: August 31, 2012, 02:06:52 AM »
     I'm at work about as early as I've ever gotten here. I have a co-worker who's retiring/leaving today and our small branch of the company asked me to cook lunch for the occasion. This co- worker has been the absolute worst person I've worked with in the 20 years I've been here, micro managing, meddling, vindictive, petty, pick a bad adjective and she fits it to a tee. My wife remarked last night that she couldn't believe that I was going to this much trouble for her but I told her that I'm looking at it as a new beginning party!
    On to the cook, I've got 17 pounds of Boston Butt rubbed down with the Southern Succor rub recipe from Smoke and Spice on the 222.5 WSM loaded with some Kingsford Blue and several chunks of hickory. Later I'll be firing up my Performer and putting about 5 pounds of sausage on it. Other co-workers are responsible for the rest of the fixins.
      Its a mix of a sad and happy day in another way though. We've got a fenced area around our A/C units and I'm going to leave the Perfomer in there when I go home this evening, sad, but now with "her" gone and a grill on the place we can start cooking burgers and such on Fridays so there's the happy.

G$

• WKC Performer
Re: Live going away party cookout
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 05:25:37 AM »
You can cook a hell of a lot of pork on a WSM 222.5 smoker.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 06:44:21 AM »
That's great news Eastex, please post a few pictures of the cook and possibly the "guest of honor". ;)

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 07:17:37 AM »
    I might take a picture as they walk away although I'll probably be too busy wiping the tears of joy away to focus on the camera.  :)
   You're not kidding about piling the pork on that WSM. I've got 17 pounds of pork butt and 5 pounds of smoked sausage on the top shelf. According to the Maverick the smaller butts at 178 after having stalled out at 160-165 for awhile. I love the stall, especially when there's no time crunch, because you just know there's all kinda of wonderful things happening inside there.

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 07:25:58 AM »
Here are my blue collar working men, I reckon between the two of them I could cook anything from a T-Rex to a Ton-Ton

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 01:27:10 PM »
Taun-Taun   ;D

Brian
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 04:22:17 PM »
I bet if you drug that light saber real slow across it you would get a great sear, then onto the indirect grill to finish, umm ummm.

Harbormaster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 05:22:37 PM »
Taun-Taun   ;D

Someone's inner geek is showing!

(Fer cryin' out loud it took the light saber reference for me to figure out WTF you were talking about)

I KEED!

You're a good man Eastex to cook for someone you don't like.
I've got Webers. 10 - WSMs, 5 - 22.5" kettles, 2 - 18.5" kettle, 2 - SJS, 2 - SJP, 4 - WGA, 1 vintage Coolie Pan
"Animal flesh cooked over an open fire is a sensible and essential part of a well balanced diet"