Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A cure for the case of the Monday's  (Read 1697 times)

Aawa

• WKC Brave
A cure for the case of the Monday's
« on: September 09, 2013, 03:25:48 PM »
Yeah today was Monday and I didn't want to go into work, but I did anyway.  The day was long and I was ready to get home for a pick me up so I did 2 of my 45 day dry aged ribeyes.

Getting the pecan wood burnt down to coals.  I have a small layer of KBB in the bottom to help speed up the process.

Dumped the wood coals and threw on 2 small chunks onto the fire to help it boost the pecan smoke and incase I needed more coals later.  Doing the reverse sear on these yummy bad boys.

Threw on some baby bellas and my leftover roasted chile and cream cheese stuffed twiced baked potato leftover from yesterday.

Can't wait to cut into this thing.

Sliced in the middle.  Went into the medium range instead of the medium well since I was trying to get the chunk of fat in the tip to render out just a little bit more.

The steak was nice and moist and tender.  I could almost cut it with a fork.  This dinner definitely got my spirits up on this Monday evening.
* 2011 Touch and Go Performer * 2009 Touch and Go Performer * 2005 Touch and Go Performer * Sublime Smoke Ugly Drum Smoker * 2012 Mini WSM *

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 03:30:41 PM »
Another killer cook, you sir are great cook!

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

Aawa

• WKC Brave
Re: A cure for the case of the Monday's
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 03:43:25 PM »
Thank you for the compliment.  Cooking is how I unwind after work.  Something about it just makes me calm down and able to relax. 

My roommates gave me a back handed compliment when my friends made a comment that It must be nice living in the house with me (they always see my pictures on facebook).  "Since I moved in I have gained 20lbs because that bastige always cooks" - Roommate   :o
* 2011 Touch and Go Performer * 2009 Touch and Go Performer * 2005 Touch and Go Performer * Sublime Smoke Ugly Drum Smoker * 2012 Mini WSM *

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 07:17:55 PM »
Just tell them life is too short to eat bad food, that's my excuse lol.

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

225tostayalive

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 11:38:46 AM »
I am at work    and this post is killing me....

I love well aged steak      that is living right there

great job....wow
Weber OTG Blue, Weber OTG Black, Jumbo Joe, Smokey Joe Gold, Smokey Joe Silver, CharGriller Akorn, PizzaQue Pizza cooker

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 03:41:51 PM »
Yeah, life must be rough for your bastige room-mates.  Nice cook up!

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 05:52:20 PM »
steak looks perfect...so does the rest! Nice job
Kettle collector AND cooker!

feeshrman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 04:57:04 PM »
Did you age the steaks yourself? If so would you reveal the process? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free