Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Maverick ET-732  (Read 9021 times)

HalfGrilled

• WKC Brave
Re: Maverick ET-732
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2013, 09:22:43 AM »
E-mail sent to Maverick explaining my issue. I really like the product and like others have said, don't know of anything comparable on price. It's good to see there are not a lot of problems reported by WKCers that use them. Will update when I hear back from Maverick.

AngelB

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 10:31:24 AM »
I bought a Maverick ET - 732 and after 4 or 5 months my pit probe craped out so I contacted Maverick but they would not warranty for me because it was after the 90 day period so I just orderd 2 new replacemets and those have been fine for a while now.  I found this one http://www.amazon.com/Remington-Wireless-BBQ-Thermometer-17339/dp/B008PU3OJ6 which is supposed to be a rebranded Maverick which I would like to try out soon.

HalfGrilled

• WKC Brave
Maverick ET-732
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2013, 01:31:32 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, that looks like the best deal around right now.  I'm somewhat sure it will  work with my existing probes.

Danny C

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2013, 05:19:19 PM »
I love mine   In the past,mine has acted up and I changed the batteries and everything went back to normal.
Danny

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
Maverick ET-732
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2013, 05:43:16 PM »
I have the 732 and the signal is much stronger than the 73. I still need to modify my WSM so I can get both probes to fit between the grates. I did install the CB grommet, but it is too small for the. 732 probes. Getting the 73 probes through it is doable, but takes some fiddling to get it to work. I have seen a mod using a lamp nipple on the tvwbb.

Bosibus

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2013, 07:47:02 PM »
Did you buy the larger grommets?

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2013, 08:58:28 PM »
I still need to modify my WSM so I can get both probes to fit between the grates. I did install the CB grommet, but it is too small for the. 732 probes. Getting the 73 probes through it is doable, but takes some fiddling to get it to work. I have seen a mod using a lamp nipple on the tvwbb.
I have a plain H/W store variety grommet and I can fit all probes from my ET-73 and ET-732 through it (if they go in in the correct order. ;) )

(After I put two grommets in my mini, I figured out that one grommet was enough.  ::) )
kettles, smokers...

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2013, 05:32:57 AM »
This is getting a bit off topic, but still related to the Maverick ET-732
After reviewing what people have done for their probes, I decided the notch was a better fit for me.  Did the same to the mini.
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

Ethang

• Smokey Joe
Maverick ET-732
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2013, 01:50:35 PM »
Timely post. I am looking for a setup and just got the Thermapen email. $240 is rich for my blood. Can the good Thermapen probes be used with the Maverick to overcome the fragile probe issue?
The Weber is making it really hard to screw up dinner

Plastic has no soul

Thunder71

• WKC Brave
    • Civil Response Firearms Training
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2013, 01:59:36 PM »
What fragile probe issue? :)

/nojinx

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2013, 02:45:16 PM »
Man. I beat the shit out of my maverick and have never had any issues.

I did melt the connector end once when i was hot-squatting the cajun bandit. It swung in and sat in the bed of hot coals for a minute. By the time I realized it, it was too late. Certainly not the fault of the mav though. Plus it gave me a good excuse to order the longer probes!

HalfGrilled

• WKC Brave
Maverick ET-732
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2013, 03:24:53 PM »

I love mine   In the past,mine has acted up and I changed the batteries and everything went back to normal.
Danny

Good advice DC. I had hope. No dice, fresh batteries, same issue. I'm at a loss as to my bad luck with Maverick. Everyone loves them.  I'll wait until they quote me a price on the replacement transmitter unit. Angel's Remington link may be the way I go.

Ethang

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2013, 06:01:44 AM »
What fragile probe issue? :)

/nojinx

I was reading the reviews while researching and it seemed that there was a number of problems with the probes going bad.

The Weber is making it really hard to screw up dinner

Plastic has no soul

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2013, 10:08:27 AM »
Timely post. I am looking for a setup and just got the Thermapen email. $240 is rich for my blood. Can the good Thermapen probes be used with the Maverick to overcome the fragile probe issue?

It is my understanding that the two brands are incompatible. Thermoworks is some of the best friggin stuff going, but with long, slow cooks you don't need the speed or the pinpoint accuracy of their dual thermocouple model. If money isnt a concern then get it and dont look back, but you can buy a lot of replacement maverick probes and keep them on hand for less than half of what the thermoworks costs. That having been said, I love my thermapen because in that application the speed and accuracy is appreciated.