Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: GrillMark Accessories (Including 26" Grates) 60% off  (Read 9249 times)

Bman

• WKC Performer
Re: GrillMark Accessories (Including 26" Grates) 60% off
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2013, 12:47:53 PM »
I'm guessing there's no way to make the $5.99 roti fit the weber kettle rotisserie...?

I ordered/picked this up today.  I don't see why it won't work.  I'll get pics/measurements this weekend.  For 6 bucks, its pretty cool.
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2013, 07:04:13 PM »
Just hoarded up on 4-26" grates and 4-18" grates.....  half grates and spares a go-go.... plus I'm hopeful I'll still find an Aristocrat or a MLH Fleetwood someday.....buying the grates will make one turn up...  :P

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2013, 10:28:30 AM »
Ok.....so, the grates are nice and heavy duty, but they don't really work for an 18 or a modern 26er

Here is the 18" grate on the Jumbo Joe.  It's just the slightest bit too big. It will sit there, but will not fall down into the lip that normally holds the grate. They will work great as elevated grates on the 22/26" grills and my 22" WSM though. For less than $5, I'm still happy

Here it is lined up against the factory grate

As far as the 26" grate. It is just a smidge too small for a modern 26er. You can get it to sit on all 4 grill tabs, but it can easily slide around and fall down into the kettle.  They should work well for elevated grates. I'll probably give one to my buddy who has a vintage 26, chop one up into two elevated grates, and stash the third for a rainy day.

Here it is with the far end tight against the side of the kettle. Just a little bit short on the other end.

-Keith

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2013, 12:40:23 PM »
Ok.....so, the grates are nice and heavy duty, but they don't really work for an 18 or a modern 26er

Here is the 18" grate on the Jumbo Joe.  It's just the slightest bit too big. It will sit there, but will not fall down into the lip that normally holds the grate. They will work great as elevated grates on the 22/26" grills and my 22" WSM though. For less than $5, I'm still happy

Here it is lined up against the factory grate

OoPEZoO, Thanks for posting this. Is the the newer style JJ?
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2013, 12:41:48 PM »

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2013, 05:30:46 PM »
Yes, that is a newer Jumbo Joe
-Keith

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2013, 03:58:31 PM »
Just got around to using new grates. I purchased 3 18s and 2 26s.  The 18s are for my wsm and for my little brownie.  Grates are too big.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2013, 06:07:26 PM »
Just got around to using new grates. I purchased 3 18s and 2 26s.  The 18s are for my wsm and for my little brownie.  Grates are too big.
How much too big? When making some mini-WSMs the standard grates fit very tight in the tamale pots. I cut a little out of the outer ring (where the cross pieces are perpendicular) and my son welded them back together. Would that be feasible? Do the cutting and if you don't have access to a welder, take them to a welding shop along with a pound or so of pulled pork and ask real nice.  ;)
kettles, smokers...

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2013, 03:27:27 AM »
The 18" grates are literally about an 1/16"-1/8" too big in diameter.  On my Jumbo Joe, I dropped one side tight into lip that holds the factory grate and the other side just sits up on the edge of the kettle.  If felt like I could force it down in, but I wasn't willing to chance damaging the ceramic coating on the kettle for a $1.50 grill grate.  They will work great on my 22 WSM and grills as elevated grates.
-Keith

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2013, 06:49:17 AM »
I know that the 21" grates aren't seen on the ACE site but does anyone have or tried the 21" grillmark grates on the 22 kettles? I think my cado came with a grillmark grate. It fit but was very tight. Anyone else?

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2013, 10:01:24 AM »
On my Jumbo Joe, I dropped one side tight into lip that holds the factory grate and the other side just sits up on the edge of the kettle.  If felt like I could force it down in, but I wasn't willing to chance damaging the ceramic coating on the kettle for a $1.50 grill grate.  They will work great on my 22 WSM and grills as elevated grates.
Keep in mind that the old portable 18" grills (JJ, SJP, T&C) use a different size grate than the atandard 18" Kettle.  8)
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

bigdaddybama

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2013, 02:59:44 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. I just picked up two of the 26" grates for a little over 8 bucks including tax. My 26" is a charbroil but I believe they will work. Again, thanks for the tip.

Sent from my BN Nook HD using Tapatalk

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2014, 06:28:26 PM »
I'm guessing there's no way to make the $5.99 roti fit the weber kettle rotisserie...? 
http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3931569

From the better-late-than-never files....  Then again, Ace doesn't list this product anymore and I didn't see anyone else say they grabbed one.

It's worth the 6 bucks, but that's about it.  I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I haven't grabbed a roti since I delivered PeasPurple at the drop off location.  From left to right...

Inside the basket length

Max length from the 'spool' end

Collapsed

I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2014, 06:34:16 PM »
Thanks Bman... I had decided to pull the trigger on the roti basket a few nights after you said you ordered one, and... they were no longer available. Hopefully you'll get a chance to try this one out.

OGlenn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2014, 09:50:56 PM »
I bought one of those back in the summer and I believe the motor-drive-end of the spit was too long for the weber 22" roti. Works well in my 30" barrel grill though. Maybe I'll take a pic when the temps get past zero again...
Uncommon sense seeker