Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hot Dog Chili  (Read 1653 times)

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
Hot Dog Chili
« on: August 22, 2012, 05:06:24 AM »
I love cooking with leftovers and hate throwing food away.  I try to be Frugal at times and use what we have.  This concoction actually turned out pretty darn good!

Soon to be Famous Hot Dog Chili
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 11:01:27 AM by Larry Wolfe »
Larry Wolfe
----------------------------
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot

Cookingmama

• WKC Ranger
Re: Hot Dog Chili
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 05:42:49 AM »
Be still my heart!   I loveeee using up leftovers.   I just can't stand to waste food.   Just yesterday, I made some fresh slow cooked green beans.   I had a pork steak left and some roasted pork loin.   I chopped all that meat up and put it in the green beans.

everyone said they were my best green beans yet.   I kept saying it has to be the meat that came from the grill, it had some smoke to it and really added a good flavor to the green beans.  I usually buy smoked shanks or ham hocks, but this was wayyyyy Better. 

Also wanted to add, imhave been meaning to thank you for the beans video.   I have made A LOT of baked beans ,  but all the recipes ask for pounds and pounds of brown sugar,  and they all seem too sweet.  So after seeing your video, I tried some out.  I don't have any Wolfe Rub,  so I added just about two teaspoons, maybe less of brown sugar.   They were awesome!   Thick, spicy, just a touch of sweetness.   Thanks for the inspiration .
ribs pre-boiling & reaching for the lighter fluid!

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 09:15:16 AM »
Ahh, you're welcome!  PM your email to me if you don't mind, I'll send you something to help with the beans!!!
Larry Wolfe
----------------------------
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot

Vermin99

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 02:40:24 PM »
That dish was certainly different and tasty looking!!