Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weberitis!  (Read 21110 times)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Weberitis!
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2012, 03:23:45 PM »

This is a summary of a recent trip.  It includes some Weber's and other vintage grills.

Atlanta, GA to Rockford, IL: 1950's ranch
Rockford, IL to Chicago, IL: Assist in 18.5 Lime rescue
Chicago, IL to Ham Lake, MN: prototype Performer
Ham Lake, MN to Eudora, KS: late 50's Hasty Bake
Eudora, KS to Edmond, OK: Cook N Kettle
Edmond,OK to Carl's Junction,MO: New old stock Buddy L
Carl's Junction, MO to Atlanta, GA: Home sweet home

http://imageshack.us/a/img211/2536/roadtrip3.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img842/7981/roadtrip1.png

THAT"S ASTOUNDING !!!!!

I think you should win some kid of prize....but it appears you already have them........ :)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2012, 03:37:16 PM »
Hey listen Ed has it much worse that anyone around here.  This guy is hands down the grill master.  We all dabble, but he is a pro.   

Brian
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2012, 03:37:36 PM »
You have an awesome collection Ed! I don't know where to begin asking questions. Please share those in detail with us.  :)

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2012, 03:51:21 PM »
Hey listen Ed has it much worse that anyone around here.  This guy is hands down the grill master.  We all dabble, but he is a pro.   

Brian

No doubt! I asked to see pic"s when he was here. My collection is like a gnat on a Moose's ass, compared to his.

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2012, 06:54:57 PM »
Wow I knew the pictures would be incredible but I had no idea! That Hasty Bake looks brand new! That's the last big piece on my list, there's a rough looking Suburban in Dallas right now but I'm holding out for a Legacy.

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2012, 07:01:30 PM »
I read the begining of this thread agian, and my post from August did not include pictures. Husker red sent me the directions so I can now post pictures.  Thanks for your patience. 

Is there a cure for Weberitis....(my wife would like to know).

http://imageshack.us/a/img29/8228/redcart.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img547/1010/sequoia.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img820/7380/img2544sv.jpg

« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 07:08:47 PM by reillyranch »

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2012, 03:34:54 PM »

I'm not feeling so good after seeing that last picture with the Galley Que and aqua metal handle............

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2012, 05:13:47 PM »

Duke, I fear the Rim/Stempy reference about the poor condition of the grills.

I need to get some of these all shined up like the ones I've seen posted here (Jeff's and Troy's for example).  There is a lot of good advice and even some parts (Brian's handles) available here that are very motivating. 

All I need now is time and money.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2012, 07:01:54 PM »
Not at all, those blue ones are awesome Ed! I wouldn't change much about them. I really want those two exact models, but probably won't ever find them out here. I would also really like the 18.5 Galley Que since we have never witnessed one anywhere. Have you ever come across one Ed?

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2012, 07:05:58 PM »
Ed I think I owe you a few handles...you got some credit over here....

Brian

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2012, 07:11:52 PM »
Weberitis is... or possible symptoms, going on the sears replacement parts.com and pricing bowls and lid assemblies for 22.5 kettles and justifying to yourself "building your own" Weber since you have a couple spare leg kits laying around.  Then the wife walks in the room and you immediatly minimize the screen on the computer as if you were looking at pr0n. Delete all internet history containing WEBER-STEPHEN, ebay, Craigslist, ACE, MINWAX, and replacementparts.com.  :-X

Craig

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2012, 07:12:59 PM »
Thanks Brian,  I am out of excuses now. I will be taking you up on those handles. 

And Craig's 'possible symptoms' sound very specific. 

I have deleted a post or two, just to start again when the coast was clear. 

« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 08:15:36 PM by reillyranch »

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2012, 07:15:10 PM »
Hey it's a quick and easy fix. YOu can make an old grill look fresh in just a few minutes with the new handles...

Brian

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2012, 02:36:14 PM »
Weberitis is... or possible symptoms, going on the sears replacement parts.com and pricing bowls and lid assemblies for 22.5 kettles and justifying to yourself "building your own" Weber since you have a couple spare leg kits laying around.  Then the wife walks in the room and you immediatly minimize the screen on the computer as if you were looking at pr0n. Delete all internet history containing WEBER-STEPHEN, ebay, Craigslist, ACE, MINWAX, and replacementparts.com.  :-X

Craig
OMG I have sooo done this!!!
Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2012, 02:42:55 PM »

Craig
OMG I have sooo done this!!!

Too funny! I just got "the look" sitting at the kitchen counter reading this while a kid cries in the background.  Oops funny how that look brings your hearing back!