Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weberitis!  (Read 21066 times)

Duke

• The Duke
Re: Weberitis!
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2012, 10:52:36 AM »
Wow! All nice scores! I think we need to find a new use for the corn racks. Who in the world needs that much corn? ???  That skewer ring would look super nice in red. Are the skewers all the same length?

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2012, 01:26:32 PM »
The racks work for potatoes also.....
Here is a reply I got a few weeks back, after I sent them some pics ~~>

Reprint of an e-mail from Weber....

Sep 13,2012
Dear Ken,

Thank you for forwarding the photos. I apologize for the delay in this response.
We are experiencing an unusually high volume of incoming e-mails.

After some assistance with my investigation of the photographed accessories,
I've found that the Shish Kabob Set was introduced in 1963. The last year for this style was in 1977.

The assembly that is attached to the inside perimeter of the kettle is our Corn 'n' Tator holder that we sold from 1963 to 1977.

The Kettle Wok was also sold in the 1960's. Unfortunately we were unable to find exact years for that item.

I hope this information is useful. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,
Heather
Customer Service Representative
Weber-Stephen Products LLC
90 West Hillcrest Boulevard Suite 308
Schaumburg, Il 60195

I can easily use 2x16 corn racks, if the really good corn's available, 32 ears.....
I've used them a few times, but have yet to fill them up on a cook....
May happen at the end of the month !!

The skewers are different sizes across the diameter of the bowl 2 short, two medium, two real long, if I remember right ?
The only bummer, for me, is they are set up to alternate direction, like you see in the photo,Notch on one side, hole for the tip of the skewer opposite
The ring itself is REALLY stout, the tabs that hold it on the rim of the kettle are prob. 3/32"-1/8" thick & the top of the ring locks into the kettle lid nice & tight....
All these things were original owner, I'm sure; I spent a bit of time talking to the guy,doing like I always do & reassuring him they were going to a good home with others of their kind, even tho I had 'turds burning at home !!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2012, 03:08:09 PM »
Thanks for the response Buckie! I was thinking drumsticks might also work on the tater rack.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2012, 03:31:46 PM »
Yeah they would, 'cause there's a short little stub of the same thickness wire poking up at the center of each fitting...
You just stab the butt of the corn, tater, drummy, or ??*
& that way nuthin' jumps around...
Works good for rotating stuff too....
Just a quick twirl & go....

*Smoked carrots ~~~> Yummm....

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2012, 04:27:19 PM »
1Buckie, I like how you roll.  Your posts here are fabulous.  I have got to find some of those accessories.  And a few more grills too :)

In regards to the topic here, I haven't really had one that I had to really go through a lot to get.  I am new to the collecting and the hunt has just begun for me!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2012, 07:26:23 PM »
Yeah,Ted !!

The stuff gets to just coming out of the woodwork after a time...
That wok was in a box of stuff that my friend cleaned out of a repo'ed house, that's what he does for a living...
They knew they had a big wok, but nobody looked at it closely enough to see it fit Webers...
They have 4 kettles at their house, as I got real tired of dragging mine back & forth.
We do a last Sunday of the month bash & I cook for anywhere up to about 55 people, usually starting pork butts and/or pulled tri-tip the nite before...
They have a giant backyard, they got married there (100 people, I cooked)
I got married there a few years later, friends cooked for 150....

The wife over there found a 250 gallon propane tank grill that had come loose from it's trailer on a freeway entrance....
They hauled it home & we've all been so busy since that he finally hauled it off to scrap (sadly, we couldn't wire it together to get it back up on a trailer & add a firebox... :'(  )

As far as kettles go, Weber has made a quadzillion of them in the last 60 years & ya gotta figger that a certain decent size percentage aren't 2011 Black One Touch models....
They're out there somewhere !!!

I was sittin' out back among the kettles in the moonlight after I read your post the 1st time & thinking: "In 2070, someone's going to dig up a Weber Gourmet System with a kettle somewhere & zap off the rust with some kind of hand-held lazer de-rusting device & start grillin' up some trilobites or whatever livestock is growing by then...."

I'm thinkin' maybe this is just a start ?

Keep your eyes peeled & happy hunting..... ;D

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2012, 08:25:07 AM »
Nice scores!! looks like '63-'77 were the "golden age" of Weber accessories.. ;) I've been dumb and passed on several Corn 'N Tator scores on ebay, but if I ever find a shish-kabob ring set, look out!  :D

Craig

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2012, 03:57:59 AM »
Weberitis it is! My yellow and my red I bought from Ramsfam, He lives around 70 miles from me. My green Master touch I got in Carbondale thats about 76 miles away, and my newest red two tone performer it might have been only $20 but that one was 92.5 miles out. I also had to barrow my father in laws pick up for that one!! I have a free sjs waiting on me in madison that about 45 miles. So wereritis yep I've got it  ;D ::) 8)
Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

Ken Mc

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2012, 04:20:44 AM »
hey Buckie, If you EVER want to depart with that skewer setup, let me know. I have been looking for one for my kid.

Ken
Lookin' for a flat top 26"( not black)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2012, 04:42:23 AM »
hey Buckie, If you EVER want to depart with that skewer setup, let me know. I have been looking for one for my kid.

Ken

Probably will hang onto that one, but if that changes, you'll be the 1st to know !!!

~~~>Ken

Weberitis it is! My yellow and my red I bought from Ramsfam, He lives around 70 miles from me. My green Master touch I got in Carbondale thats about 76 miles away, and my newest red two tone performer it might have been only $20 but that one was 92.5 miles out. I also had to barrow my father in laws pick up for that one!! I have a free sjs waiting on me in madison that about 45 miles. So wereritis yep I've got it  ;D ::) 8)

You've definitely been lured onto the bus......

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2012, 01:54:08 PM »

This is a summary of a recent trip.  It includes some Weber's and other vintage grills.

Atlanta, GA to Rockford, IL: 1950's ranch
Rockford, IL to Chicago, IL: Assist in 18.5 Lime rescue
Chicago, IL to Ham Lake, MN: prototype Performer
Ham Lake, MN to Eudora, KS: late 50's Hasty Bake
Eudora, KS to Edmond, OK: Cook N Kettle
Edmond,OK to Carl's Junction,MO: New old stock Buddy L
Carl's Junction, MO to Atlanta, GA: Home sweet home

http://imageshack.us/a/img211/2536/roadtrip3.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img842/7981/roadtrip1.png
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 02:49:22 PM by reillyranch »

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2012, 01:58:49 PM »
You fit all those grills in that truck???
Kettle collector AND cooker!

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2012, 02:02:57 PM »
You fit all those grills in that truck???

LOL!
After Ed loaded the prototype it was pretty full. He Put the Lid upfront to ride shotgun.
Then I saw the this pic, not sure how he did it, but he was on a mission. Doesn't surprise me!

Greg

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2012, 02:05:03 PM »
It is a Honda Pilot, it was packed.

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2012, 02:06:26 PM »
Ooh ya , you got it bad!!! and wow some serious packing skill!!!!
Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.