Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Myron Rips It Up on a Smokey Joe.....  (Read 2755 times)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Myron Rips It Up on a Smokey Joe.....
« on: August 02, 2013, 05:16:10 PM »

Famous Quotes from this video:

"Ketchup always on the top part.....I'm just curious that way....."

"Ummmmm................lord-a-mercy..............that'd make a puppy pull a freight train"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYoOht4eCnU
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

bthorn9435

• WKC Brave
Re: Myron Rips It Up on a Smokey Joe.....
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 05:20:00 PM »
Awesome
2013 18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain, 2007 Gen2 Performer w/Deep Ocean Blue Kettle Mod
68-70 Patent Pending 22.5 Daisy Wheel Red. 2021 Deep Ocean Blue Master Touch. 2013 22.5 Black One Touch Gold
2021 Ivory Smokey Joe

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 06:45:21 PM »
It was fun watching use an SJ.

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 06:50:15 PM »
Myron is always an interesting fellow to watch.  I still can't believe my eyes during that last episode of BBQ Pitmasters season 1.  When he's standing there spraying lighter fluid onto his coals.  Almost looks like he's pissing lighter fluid lol.

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Myron Rips It Up on a Smokey Joe.....
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 07:25:02 PM »
I'm adding "that'd make a puppy pull a freight train" to my my everyday vocabulary. He's definitely a character, I dig his style.

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

fat side down

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 09:57:35 AM »
Myron is always an interesting fellow to watch.  I still can't believe my eyes during that last episode of BBQ Pitmasters season 1.  When he's standing there spraying lighter fluid onto his coals.  Almost looks like he's pissing lighter fluid lol.
Yeah, I lost a lot of respect for him when I saw that  :o   Well...at least he used a chimney to get his coals going for these burgers and not the devil's piss...as my son calls it!

Aawa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 10:44:49 AM »
Yeah, I lost a lot of respect for him when I saw that  :o   Well...at least he used a chimney to get his coals going for these burgers and not the devil's piss...as my son calls it!

Myron uses water smokers and it takes a whole heap of charcoal and a big fire to get his smokers up to temperature.  I don't see an issue with using lighter fluid to get that much charcoal lit at one time, as long as he allows the fluid to burn off before adding the sticks and cooking his meats.

Also his results speak for his methods.  Looks like judges in the KCBS and MBN seem to lenjoy his bbq enough to make him the most winningest man in bbq.

* 2011 Touch and Go Performer * 2009 Touch and Go Performer * 2005 Touch and Go Performer * Sublime Smoke Ugly Drum Smoker * 2012 Mini WSM *