Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: OTG assembly?  (Read 6820 times)

edhead35

• WKC Ranger
Re: OTG assembly?
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2013, 11:33:48 AM »
I saw leg caps at home Depot that were basically identical in the hardware section

fat side down

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2013, 12:14:02 PM »
Well, yesterday they were out of stock...
But today, they had qty 4 available...  I just ordered one...  ;D

http://www.amazon.com/Weber-22-Performer-Bowl-Assembly/dp/B007IVYPL4/ref=cm_wl_cp_al_pt

OGlenn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2013, 02:42:19 PM »
Cool, hope you get what you are looking for!
Uncommon sense seeker

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 05:37:32 AM »
I love the look of the black ash catcher.  I wish weber put that on their OTG's.  The bare metal look just doesn't seem as nice to me.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2013, 06:53:43 AM »
I saw leg caps at home Depot that were basically identical in the hardware section

I find the white ones at Home Depot, but haven't seen the black ones. Anybody know where to find em? AJ  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 07:02:26 AM »
AJ, have you looked at Ace for the black leg tips?

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2013, 08:10:56 AM »
The Ace near me has them - both black and white. I'd like to find black 3/8 axle caps, but all they have is white. Anyone have a non-Weber source for those?

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2013, 08:49:43 AM »

You used to be able to get the exact same ones at Home Depot & Ace hardware......they NEVER are availasble in black nowdays.....almost like Weber forbids it !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

fat side down

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2013, 09:46:08 AM »
Well, it arrived yesterday and it wasn't like the picture... It has the shiny bowl.  Now, I just need to find someone to black anodize it  :(

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2013, 12:05:29 PM »
Well, it arrived yesterday and it wasn't like the picture... It has the shiny bowl.  Now, I just need to find someone to black anodize it  :(

I was afraid that might be the case. Getting it powder coated might be cheaper/easier, depending on your area. Of course, a lot of people use black hi temp paint with good results.

fat side down

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2013, 01:26:33 PM »
So I was at my local hardware store the other day and saw they had a Green Weber Performer, floor model, left over from a couple years ago marked down to $279 to move it, and it had a black ash pan.  I remembered about a year ago a guy at work asked me about what was the best charcoal for the $$.  At that time they had another floor model Performer marked down for $249 and I told him about it and he picked it up (and loves it).  Anyway, when I saw the black ash pan, I wondered if the Performer he got had the black ash pan, so today I asked him and he said it did and he'd be game to swap his for my brand new shiny pan!  I love it when a plan comes together!  When I get "Copper" all put together, I'll post a picture of it!
And the next time I'm at the hardware store I'll check and see if they have any of the black leg caps and let you guys know if you are interested...
This is such a great site!  Thanks guys!

Shawn

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2013, 01:52:00 PM »

You used to be able to get the exact same ones at Home Depot & Ace hardware......they NEVER are availasble in black nowdays.....almost like Weber forbids it !!!!

The Ace near me has them - both black and white. I'd like to find black 3/8 axle caps, but all they have is white. Anyone have a non-Weber source for those?

In another thread a few months ago, I claimed my local Ace has black plastic axel caps.  Well....I lied.  I was just there and they do not have them.    Just like you guys, they have white and many have red, but no black.  This is why I suggest to stock up from weber when you are getting something else. 

The ace DOES have white and black 1 inch leg tips though! 
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 03:17:40 PM by G$ »

fat side down

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2013, 02:19:48 PM »

In another thread a few months ago, I claimed my local Ace has black plastic leg caps.  Well....I lied.  I was just there and they do not have them.    Just like you guys, they have white and many have red, but no black.  This is why I suggest to stock up from weber when you are getting something else. 

The ace DOES have white and black 1 inch leg tips though!

Black Axel Caps!  I miss-read above... I will check and see what we have.  We have a store here that you'd be amazed what you can find in there!

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2013, 03:22:03 PM »
FSD, I think I am the idiot and confused things too.  I mis typed above and have corrected it.  Again, I am an idiot.  Check it:

I know my ace has black plastic leg tips (and white of course.)  I was telling AJ to look there for black leg tips.  His Ace may have them as well.  The leg tips are the things that go on the single non wheeled leg.

Regarding the axel push nut caps, I had earlier claimed Ace had those in black as well.  I was wrong about that, they have white and sometimes red, but right now the only place that has black seems to be weber which is weird.  I simply ordered extras last time I got some weber stuff.

:o

fat side down

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2013, 03:38:29 PM »
FSD, I think I am the idiot and confused things too.  I mis typed above and have corrected it.  Again, I am an idiot.  Check it:

I know my ace has black plastic leg tips (and white of course.)  I was telling AJ to look there for black leg tips.  His Ace may have them as well.  The leg tips are the things that go on the single non wheeled leg.

Regarding the axel push nut caps, I had earlier claimed Ace had those in black as well.  I was wrong about that, they have white and sometimes red, but right now the only place that has black seems to be weber which is weird.  I simply ordered extras last time I got some weber stuff.

:o

Got Ya!  Either way, you know the next time I go to the store, I'm gonna be looking for black leg caps...  AND I'll probably check and see what they have in 3/8" BLACK axel caps  ;)
If I find any, I'll post it on this thread for anyone searching for the coveted black "caps"  8)