Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: OTG assembly?  (Read 6821 times)

fat side down

• Smokey Joe
OTG assembly?
« on: August 01, 2013, 06:58:28 AM »
A couple of weeks ago I saw a post where someone had posted the Weber Part # for the OTG assembly which could be purchased off of Amazon.  I've been looking here for an hour trying to find it and can't. 
Anyone happen to know what it is?

Thanks!
Shawn

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
Re: OTG assembly?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 07:21:25 AM »
You mean the bucket and holder assmeby? Or the OT blades and handle?  AJ  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

fat side down

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 07:23:25 AM »
The bucket and holder... I have a OTS I want to convert to OTG  8)

OGlenn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 09:12:37 AM »
I literally just ordered one from Weber. Part number 63093 for 22.5 kettle ($23.20).  For the 18.5" kettle, it is 63092 ($20.00). This is for the ring and the ash catcher.

Keep in mind that Weber doesn't like to sell you parts to modify grills, but rather, only to replace parts on grills you already own.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 09:16:00 AM by OGlenn »
Uncommon sense seeker

Ken Mc

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 09:27:08 AM »
ereplacementparts.com

I have converted a couple kettles through these guys. Decent prices as well.

my 2 cents

Ken
Lookin' for a flat top 26"( not black)

fat side down

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 10:10:45 AM »
Thanks for the part #'s and advice...  I've dealt with Weber numerous times and know that you have to tell them what they want to hear  ::)

So...Does anyone know what the part # is for the BLACK ASSEMBLY AND POT?  I've got this sweet 22.5 Copper kettle just dying for a black ash catcher  8)

Thanks again guys!

Shawn

Ken Mc

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 10:45:07 AM »
I did that to my copper. Looks sweet. Then special ordered some Ebony wood handles from Brian. That REALLY set it off!!!
I tried other handles, but the black look the best.IMHO

Apologize for the dust in the first pic...lol...

Ken
Lookin' for a flat top 26"( not black)

OGlenn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 10:54:12 AM »
Lol, Ken, that is exactly why i ordered my ash catcher-to put it on the copper OTS I have! Going to add a lid bale and thermo as well.

I have never seen ebony handles, they do look damn good.  Could one paint or stain wood handles made of a cheaper material into a black color?  I'd like some for my blue OTG, as I don't like the look of normal wood shades on the blues.

@Shawn, no idea what the model number is for the black pots, I'll just use some high heat paint on mine as i have in the past.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 10:57:41 AM by OGlenn »
Uncommon sense seeker

fat side down

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 11:00:13 AM »
Lol, Ken, that is exactly why i ordered my ash catcher-to put it on the copper OTS I have! Going to add a lid bale and thermo as well.

I have never seen ebony handles, they do look damn good.  Could one paint or stain wood handles made of a cheaper material into a black color?  I'd like some for my blue OTG, as I don't like the look of normal wood shades on the blues.

@Shawn, no idea what the model number is for the black pots, I'll just use some high heat paint on mine as i have in the past.

Yep, that's my other plan, to put a lid bale on it!

fat side down

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 11:01:12 AM »
I did that to my copper. Looks sweet. Then special ordered some Ebony wood handles from Brian. That REALLY set it off!!!
I tried other handles, but the black look the best.IMHO

Apologize for the dust in the first pic...lol...

Ken

Ken, did you order that black pan or did you paint it?  If you ordered it, do you recall the part number?

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2013, 11:18:16 AM »
My personal opinion is that any grill with a black ash pan should also have a black triangle, and the copper pictured above is a great example.

OGlenn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2013, 11:22:40 AM »

Yep, that's my other plan, to put a lid bale on it!

Lid bale and hardware is part number 63058.  Not that you wanted it necessarily, but for the sake of posterity, they now sell the new style therm and bezel together fairly inexpensively (less than $8 from Weber). That part number is 70180.
Uncommon sense seeker

OGlenn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2013, 11:24:04 AM »
My personal opinion is that any grill with a black ash pan should also have a black triangle, and the copper pictured above is a great example.

Agreed.  The Target copper grills came with black triangles and black plastic handles.
Uncommon sense seeker

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2013, 12:29:12 PM »
I would be suprised if you could get the black ash bucket. It ws discontinued.
On a side note, anyone know the part number for a black leg cap?  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2013, 10:30:28 AM »
I would be suprised if you could get the black ash bucket. It ws discontinued.
On a side note, anyone know the part number for a black leg cap?  8)

If you call and request a leg cap you can specify which color.