Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Wok-a-Billy......................  (Read 2629 times)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Wok-a-Billy......................
« on: July 22, 2013, 09:12:37 PM »
So.....after a bunch of stuff like this ~~>

thought it would be nice to change things up......

the wife suggested we go aways out to the "Koreana Plaza" by where she used to work, as they had expanded into another part of the building & the new part was now open.....
WOW!!!!~

This place is the size of your standard medium large Walmart & has all kinds of stuff.....full blown Hispanic, Russian / Czech & all kinds of German & other fun stuff.........full deli (got baby bolongna to smoke), nice bakery ( had jalepeno/ cheese bread from there) great produce with all the Chinese /Japanese stuff (3 large bunches of celery for $1.49 !!) and the have the shabu~shabu cut ribeyes (the oblong core piece of a boneless ribeye, cut to 1/16" thick, pics to follow on this stuff !!)

So there is no real recipe....it's Uncle Buckie's Crazy-ass All-in Stir Fry....wife got some kind of package flavor mix for general use & the beef was some top sirloin, sliced sorta like the shabu, only not as thin....just sliced at an angle 1/2" wide & seasoned w/ sesame oil & some powders....& ginger, fairly fresh, but from a jar....

Meat 1st, pull out & stagger the vegs in according to how we like 'em done..........
Coals.....

Wok.......

Stuff.....it was pretty hot, so just stuck everything in little tubs, on ice........

And it's Wok-a-Billy......

This one was decent.....1st stir fry on the Weber...done deep fry, hash browns, ribeyes, bacon & eggs & other stuff, but I don't know beans (or peas) about stir fry.....

Next day....approx. the same ingredients, except chicken breast strips & sliced pork chops.....and after haggling w/ the wife over: too much, too little, what kind of, don't put that kind in, no dill, etc......I did the mixes for meat, by myself, in the kitchen, all alone, in secret.....put some sumac powder & other fun stuff in & just used peanut oil for the initial startup & veg part......much better...............

Then segued into this little dittie, with Craig in mind.......a Martin Yan recipe I saw ONCE on PBS, before youi could even record stuff off TV& i remembered the whole thing & have done it for years, but not for about 6 years, so there were some foul balls.....

Deep Fried Nori Rolls........

1st you chop chicken breast, chop,chop, chopping, chop the chicken breast..screw it....use the Cusinart.....make like into a paste wax kinda stuff......

2-1/2 large breast, white pepper & two eggs.....he used only egg white, but I never noticed a difference....( Martin Yan ~>)."then you put the chicken back in the egg...see I put the chicken back into the egg.......like this......I might be the 1st ever to put the chicken back into the egg!!"

Gather up your paste & slice up a bunch of zuchs, carrots, celery, ham, red bells, long chive,

couple kinds of mushroom

& do this:

Except I forgot you're not supposed to get nervous about running out of chicken paste &having too many strips of other stuff left.....over packed a few.....  :-[ :-[ :-[
Edible, but goofy.............

Some did better.....

Coming Soon.....maybe tomorrow......................shabu-shabu Honeydrippers............ 8)

« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 07:26:24 AM by 1buckie »
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: Wok-a-Billy......................
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 10:17:15 PM »
Nice fixin's Buckie! Those fried rolls look delicious as does the stirfry.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 06:03:36 AM »
Excellent all the way around Buckie! Are those new countertops I perve? ???

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 11:13:04 AM »
Looks Amazing!

Thin Blue Smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 11:19:59 AM »
Your food looks excellent as always! 

However, I really like this photo.... ;)

Your ash looks like it is headin for the toilet.   :D

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 11:57:04 AM »

"Your ash looks like it is headin for the toilet. "

No, that's my BBQ lounger.......... but I did have the City of Sacramento "Yard Waste" barrel right there, in case everything went off the rails....... :o

"Are those new countertops I perve?"

Naw, we've had just this little 2'x2' marble between the fridge & the stove for awhile.......this place was built in 1917 & the kitchen counters are from the 20's or 30's I'm pretty sure.......it's kinda like an old farmhouse..........which sorta fits.....the wife keeps callin' me a PIG..... :-X

And speakin' of pigs.......stuck this second pic in to show the wife's new Pig Napkin Holder........

Thanks fer lookin' all...................... ;D
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"