Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WSM/Tri-tip Success!  (Read 1598 times)

MossyMO

• WKC Brave
    • Owens BBQ
WSM/Tri-tip Success!
« on: July 21, 2013, 07:53:53 PM »
So I have been having issues with WSM temp control and now on my 4th time cooking on it I was finally able to control temps with a few tweaks. Had air leak problem around the lid that I corrected with aluminum foil and started with less charcoal. The WSM ran about 235º while I smoked the tri-tip to an internal temp of 135º and then was able to bring the WSM up easily to 300º to do the shrimp and garlic toast while the tri-tip rested.

-----

The tri-tip was seasoned heavily with Tatonka Dust, the shrimp was seasoned with Mad Hunky Hot Whang and used cherry Mojo Bricks. The meal was delicious!

-----

-----

-----

-----

-----

-----

-----

Plate color sure effects presentation!

Thanks for looking!

kendoll

• WKC Ranger
Re: WSM/Tri-tip Success!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 07:57:40 PM »
Dammit Marty that looks good!

Ken
Willing to trade first born for: *Ranger (any colour) *Westerner (yeah right)

*Imperial (Glen-Blue) *Brown GA

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 08:09:35 PM »

The toothpick in the 2nd photo.....that signals done perfect....like they used to put those like flags in your steak at the restaurant, for med. rare, etc.?

all looks excellent, man !!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

MossyMO

• WKC Brave
    • Owens BBQ
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 08:44:13 PM »

The toothpick in the 2nd photo.....that signals done perfect....like they used to put those like flags in your steak at the restaurant, for med. rare, etc.?

all looks excellent, man !!!!!

I use the toothpicks to help me mark the direction of the grain in the meat before I put the seasoning on so I'm sure I'm slicing it against the grain. Tri-tips grain switches directions in the center so I also place one to show me where the grain direction changes.