Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: pork chops..how do you cook um'?  (Read 1229 times)

anderson143

• Smokey Joe
pork chops..how do you cook um'?
« on: July 21, 2013, 04:01:53 PM »

pork chops on the kettle I bank the coals to one side that way after they are quick seared on both sides I put them on the non coal side and let them slow cook(no this isn't how I smoke..i use a homemade smokenator for that) 

I fired up the gas grill for the first time in a long time only to use my side burner to get my coals going in my chimney.. works really well if you haven't tried it
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 04:07:13 PM by anderson143 »
NO PROPANE OR CRAP LIGHT HERE...22 1/2 OTG & 18 1/2 WSM

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 04:38:30 PM »
I do the same setup for pork chops. I know a lot if folks here love the reverse sear method as well. I haven't tried it myself yet but it looks like a great way to get meat done.

Here's what I use to start my coals.

It's  a killer sauté station as well.

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Re: pork chops..how do you cook um'?
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 05:25:10 PM »
Did not have time for pics, but last week I cut some loin chops 2" thick. I filled and lit about an 80% chimney of Comp.K. poured the lit coals in my baskets, both about 3/4 full. I put a water/drip pan between the baskets.
I seared both sides of the chops over the baskets and then let them sit over the pan for another hour.
They were VERY moist and tender. ( my daughter "hates" chops because they are dry... not these ones, she ate like she meant it!)
We will  use this method again! 8)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

A bunch of black kettles
-JC

anderson143

• Smokey Joe
Re: pork chops..how do you cook um'?
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 05:39:13 PM »
chasing smoke that cart/prep table is sweet!! i seen it posted on a different post...if i didn't have my grill table already built i would of stole your idea....who knows maybe some day ill build one just because...but yes that's exactly how i started mine tonight...no need for newspaper or weber starter cubes....i found it was at least twice and fast and the news paper/chimney method
NO PROPANE OR CRAP LIGHT HERE...22 1/2 OTG & 18 1/2 WSM

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 06:26:30 PM »
Thanks! Yeah it is much faster and no paper floating around either.

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer