Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Breaking in new Performer  (Read 1836 times)

JP

• Smokey Joe
Breaking in new Performer
« on: July 21, 2013, 05:47:39 AM »
Hi

Today I decided to use some leftovers from my freezer.
First i fired up my Weber using full chimney of lump charcoal

Then added some some chicken strips and bacon on my griddle( i'm not sure if that is called griddle but here in Finland we call it muurinpohjapannu :) )

..and then some frozen weggies

simple, cheap and quite good.. :)
That griddle was in really bad shape, i havent used it for two years and it was rusted quite badly, but i took my angle grinder and grinded it to bare metal and then re-seasoned it. Now its better than new :)
Thats one reason i love cast iron

and here is one pictures from last sunday when i did some rotisserie chicken, best chicken i ever had.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 05:49:33 AM by JP »

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
Re: Breaking in new Performer
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 01:27:00 PM »
Nice meal there JP looks good. What brands of charcoal are you able to buy there?
Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 02:51:43 PM »
I like simple and that looks good!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 03:33:59 PM »
That griddle is a great piece of equipment, and I noticed a new warming rack sitting under your Performer.  You've got some great gear over there!
One of the charcoal people.

greeny03

• Smokey Joe
Breaking in new Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 03:34:41 PM »
Is that s newer version of Webers roti! It looks different to the ones we get here in Oz! It looks as if it doesn't have the tabs that are around the bottom!

Thin Blue Smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 04:07:47 PM »
Great setup and good looking meal in a fabulous looking yard. Wow, what else do could you ask for...

JP

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 11:58:43 PM »
Is that s newer version of Webers roti! It looks different to the ones we get here in Oz! It looks as if it doesn't have the tabs that are around the bottom!
I think it is newer version. This one doesn't have counter balance.
That griddle is a great piece of equipment, and I noticed a new warming rack sitting under your Performer.  You've got some great gear over there!
Yeah. Local hardware store had -20% discount from Weber accesories so i bought grill press, rotisserie, pizzastone and warming rack.
Nice meal there JP looks good. What brands of charcoal are you able to buy there?
Only good briquettes sold here are Webers briquettes, like these Webers coconut shell briquettes or Weber premium briquettes. I havent found any other good briquettes..  :(

When i use lump charcoal i allways use "Grillisti" branded charcoal

Some charcoal sold here is so bad quality i can't even get it started with chimney.
I think 99% of charcoal grillers in finland don't even know what chimney starter is, allmost everyone is still using lighter fluids.