Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Marinated Pork Chops and Keto Egg Roll Bowls  (Read 4940 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Marinated Pork Chops and Keto Egg Roll Bowls
« on: March 19, 2024, 05:44:04 AM »
Quick weeknight dinner - got the marinade put together right when I got home from work and marinated the chops for an hour while we prepped the grill and prepped for the egg roll bowls.  We omitted the meat in the egg roll recipe and adjusted the soy sauce down to 1/3 cup.  I also used brown sugar substitute, lime zest and a tbps of lemon juice in the marinade.  I did miss the crunch that I love when eating an egg roll, but this was super tasty and more carb friendly.

I highly recommend both of these, goes well with a dry gin martini.

https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/grilled-pork-chops/

https://spaceshipsandlaserbeams.com/egg-roll-in-a-bowl/#wprm-recipe-container-118864

Chesapeake Weber

• WKC Brave
Re: Marinated Pork Chops and Keto Egg Roll Bowls
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 05:00:20 PM »
Not in a Weber, but the shredded beef I took out of the freezer might have been cooked on one! 

Anyway, I did the egg roll bowls as stated with the following additions.  A bit of minced fresh ginger with the garlic, added the green onion bottoms in with the onions, and served with non-keto-friendly toasted la choy rice noodles on top.  Absolutely use low sodium soy sauce.  Shredded beef was good.  I think a shrimp and pork combo is up next to try.  All bowls empty in a tough-to-please-all house.  Thanks for sharing [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 03:23:00 AM »

Not in a Weber, but the shredded beef I took out of the freezer might have been cooked on one! 

Anyway, I did the egg roll bowls as stated with the following additions.  A bit of minced fresh ginger with the garlic, added the green onion bottoms in with the onions, and served with non-keto-friendly toasted la choy rice noodles on top.  Absolutely use low sodium soy sauce.  Shredded beef was good.  I think a shrimp and pork combo is up next to try.  All bowls empty in a tough-to-please-all house.  Thanks for sharing [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Very nice, the adjustments sound great!  We’ve got some shrimp in the freezer and you’ve sparked more ideas…. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2024, 01:41:45 PM »
I started making egg rolls in a bowl years ago before I knew it was called that.  Always a favorite.  Looks great.

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2024, 02:51:58 PM »
I've got the pork chop recipe stored for my next cook.  I've never done anything like your egg roll bowl but it looks very tasty.  As far the rest, I'll go Bombay Sapphire with 3 Mezzetta Olives (marinated in Vermouth of course).

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna