Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Sunday Funday With Bud  (Read 7806 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Sunday Funday With Bud
« on: March 10, 2024, 04:22:41 PM »
Nice weather today promoted a successful tri tip cook preceded by a photo shoot of the new to me Ranch kettle.  I’ll preface by saying I’ve never bought a case of Budweiser Red and don’t remember ever buying any actually, but I went into Publix this Sunday morning and bought a case and 3 bags of ice - feeling a bit silly over the whole thing.  Pics will tell the rest of the story. 

For the cook…. This grill holds temps like a champ.  I used my slow n sear xl from my 26” glen blue with drip n griddle and a lot of foil to direct air where it needed to go.  Two lower vents totally closed, vent under the SNS barely open and top vent only cracked held the grill at 255F - 265F for the entire cook, until time to sear.  There were plenty of hot coals left for the sear and brandy mushroom cook.

Overall I’m super stoked with this grill.  Looking forward to my family’s reunion this summer so I can have plenty of room to cook for everyone at once.  Still want to have the aristocrat there for holding though.

Lots of pics…  may take a few posts to fit this in.  Oh I also installed custom handles and SS straps on the lid..,.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Sunday Funday With Bud
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 04:27:59 PM »
The first cook.  Oh and I had a hot dog in the fridge, so I borrowed Babyback Maniac’s joke about cooking a hot dog on this huge grill….

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 04:29:52 PM »
Pleased with the cook….Kellee’s home made cauliflower mash was also a hit.

Gringo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2024, 06:25:13 PM »
Love the enthusiasm Greg!  Way to blow up the theme all around with the purchases, looks so fun!!!  Congrats!

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2024, 06:45:15 PM »

Love the enthusiasm Greg!  Way to blow up the theme all around with the purchases, looks so fun!!!  Congrats!

Thanks Bobby, today was really fun….. Had a turkey breast to cook rotisserie style for Beaux, but was so into this we put it in the oven.  Looking forward to more cooks on this beauty…

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2024, 03:37:14 AM »
cooking on a ranch is a blast
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2024, 06:50:32 AM »
Thanks Joe - having two I figured that you might have some advice and pointers.  Glad to have this one in the club.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2024, 09:09:08 AM »
Thanks Joe - having two I figured that you might have some advice and pointers.  Glad to have this one in the club.
they are low and slow big cruisers for sure, and multiple zone heaven. I've had 3 sns going at the same time before. Lots of fun.
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2024, 05:19:05 PM »
Just wait for the first family get together and you have the entire thing full of food.     It’s a conversation starter for certain. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk