Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber GGA Experimentation  (Read 24584 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Weber GGA Experimentation
« on: October 09, 2023, 01:57:34 PM »
I bought this GGA and riser/rotisserie setup a couple years back and want to try it out.  Messing around with temp settings this afternoon and see that it gets pretty hot even on low - sitting at 383F right now.  Also got a CI grate for it.  Might try a rotisserie chicken this weekend.  Any other suggestions for cooks on this little beauty?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 02:58:49 PM by bamakettles »

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Weber GGA Experimentation
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2023, 02:25:14 PM »
Cool little setup…. Moved the grate to the bottom and installed the spit and motor.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2023, 03:11:51 AM »
grate looking setup
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2023, 06:38:40 AM »
cool setup ...
Cornish game hens
WFF Berkshire Pork tenderloin
Chicken Leg quarters
Beef tenderloin
Two-pound log of beef bologna
Picanha

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Weber GGA Experimentation
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2023, 07:05:37 AM »
Great recommendations, thanks Robert!  Forgot to post my first cook on this setup other than quick shots.  Spun a chicken Saturday evening… to keep temperatures at bay and to catch drippings I put a water pan with water at lower grate level.  I injected the chicken with a concoction of Kerrygold butter, white wine and poultry seasoning that I powdered with a mortar and pestle so as not to clog the needle.  It took longer than expected, so it’s it the fridge and will be tonight’s dinner.  It did smell amazing!

« Last Edit: October 16, 2023, 07:12:35 AM by bamakettles »

getlego

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2023, 01:26:08 AM »
That looks like so much fun. I love cooking on all different kinds of barbecues. Before i got into Webers I once went out in the middle of winter to cook a pork loin for jerk pork with mango salsa. I cleared some snow on the patio, stacked up a few patio pavers and threw a grate on I had laying around. I lit the coals right on the base I made. My little grill even had a back on it with a missing brick so I could control the air. I have to say it was one of the most tasty and fun things I ever cooked. I have a pic of it somewhere but it’s so old I don’t know how to find it. Nothing like a taste of the tropics cooked in the snow.

It did teach me one thing and that’s to never be discouraged to try something new and different. Now I have so many Webers to cook on it brings more fun and creativity. Love your posts Bama because it shows what can be done. You could have no grills or 30 of them but if you put your mind to it you can create some grate food. As always thanks for sharing.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2023, 01:22:35 PM »
That looks like so much fun. I love cooking on all different kinds of barbecues. Before i got into Webers I once went out in the middle of winter to cook a pork loin for jerk pork with mango salsa. I cleared some snow on the patio, stacked up a few patio pavers and threw a grate on I had laying around. I lit the coals right on the base I made. My little grill even had a back on it with a missing brick so I could control the air. I have to say it was one of the most tasty and fun things I ever cooked. I have a pic of it somewhere but it’s so old I don’t know how to find it. Nothing like a taste of the tropics cooked in the snow.

It did teach me one thing and that’s to never be discouraged to try something new and different. Now I have so many Webers to cook on it brings more fun and creativity. Love your posts Bama because it shows what can be done. You could have no grills or 30 of them but if you put your mind to it you can create some grate food. As always thanks for sharing.

Thanks so much @Gringo ......... I can just imagine that grill you made and that sounds like a fun adventure.  Fun is the name of the game for me and I love playing with my toys!  Eating good food is a side benefit.... Appreciate the compliment - it's gratifying to share with others....