Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rotisserie Rod too long for my older model E310  (Read 25757 times)

SK23570

• Happy Cooker
Rotisserie Rod too long for my older model E310
« on: October 02, 2023, 03:20:46 AM »
Hello, I recently bought a 7519 Weber Rotisserie kit , it stated that it fit a E310, however, my E310 is an older model and the round spot on the square skewer for the non motor side is about 2 inches past the side of the grill that has the control knobs. Anybody got any suggestions to make this work? I ended up enlarging the slot on that side to accommodate the square skewer but being a "square peg in a round hole" it keeps getting caught and stopping the rod from turning. Ideally I would think some kind of platform that would allow the round portion of the skewer to rest on outside the box. TIA

dazzo

• WKC Performer
Re: Rotisserie Rod too long for my older model E310
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 05:23:40 AM »
I’ve since gotten rid of my rotisserie but I had an adjustable collar (cylindrical with a thumb screw) that fit over the spit rod.

I could use the roti on my gasser or with the kettle roti ring.

Something like this…

Dude, relax your chicken.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Rotisserie Rod too long for my older model E310
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2023, 07:22:10 PM »
Cut it to fit then round the rod at the contact points
Not need for any collars

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!