Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New to me SSP  (Read 233 times)

NEOSH

• Happy Cooker
New to me SSP
« on: June 10, 2023, 12:40:46 PM »
Scored a DT(2003) black SSP that is in great shape with working one touch (yes there is still LP in the 5lb tank). However that said the frame has been modified to attach a Spider-22( included with the deal) on the front which means that it does not have the lid holder or the ash catcher ring and pail, the ss sweep  is in great shape and only needs to the cleaned up.  Even though the front frame has been cut the kettle is still very stable with no wobble. My plan at this time is to clean it up and use it with the spider-22 as a dedicated smoker, but I would also like to restore it to use charcoal for every day cooks. I do have some questions and hope someone in the group can help answer.

1. I am 6' 5" and did not realize how low the top of the SSP is. Has anyone tried to increase the height by extending the legs with square tubing that would fit over the original frame and bolted on, if so what size did you use?

2.  Sense the 2004 tank has an OPD value I hope to find some place to re-certify it but do not have the refill adapter. I have found some on line but do not know if the quick connect nipple on my SSP is the same as new ones?

NEOSH

• Happy Cooker
Re: New to me SSP
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2023, 12:41:58 PM »
Sorry about  the upside down photos