Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kettle Pizza Cook From the Past  (Read 44519 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Kettle Pizza Cook From the Past
« on: March 22, 2023, 06:35:17 AM »
Was looking back at some pictures and found this cook - more than likely shared here before but I thought some current members would like to see my setup.  Funny my plating picture was a plate on the couch - before my signature plating pictures started.  I hope the pictures don't come out sideways, this was also back when I took pictures with my phone in the vertical position.  We actually made the dough for these with Kellee's Kitchen Aid mixer.  I do miss pizza!

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Kettle Pizza Cook From the Past
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 06:36:17 AM »
Was looking back at some pictures and found this cook - more than likely shared here before but I thought some current members would like to see my setup.  Funny my plating picture was a plate on the couch - before my signature plating pictures started.  I hope the pictures don't come out sideways, this was also back when I took pictures with my phone in the vertical position.  We actually made the dough for these with Kellee's Kitchen Aid mixer.  I do miss pizza!
More pics.....

Chesapeake Weber

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 08:05:38 AM »
I see a cheat day coming some weekend soon 🫣

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 10:57:11 AM »

I see a cheat day coming some weekend soon 🫣

I love experimenting with pizza dough… and love the crust.  What Id really like to do is perfect a thin crust.  It’s eluded me thus far on the kettle.  I think my cheat day will be a plethora of various versions of crust - basically a pizza buffet for all to sample.  How much fun would that be?

OkieGirl

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2023, 12:38:55 PM »
Was looking back at some pictures and found this cook - more than likely shared here before but I thought some current members would like to see my setup.  Funny my plating picture was a plate on the couch - before my signature plating pictures started.  I hope the pictures don't come out sideways, this was also back when I took pictures with my phone in the vertical position. We actually made the dough for these with Kellee's Kitchen Aid mixer.  I do miss pizza!

The pictures look great, and so does the pizza.

But educate me... should the phone always be turned sideways?  Even if the subject is in more of a "portrait" position?
This could explain some of my posting problems.  :P

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2023, 01:34:34 PM »
Was looking back at some pictures and found this cook - more than likely shared here before but I thought some current members would like to see my setup.  Funny my plating picture was a plate on the couch - before my signature plating pictures started.  I hope the pictures don't come out sideways, this was also back when I took pictures with my phone in the vertical position. We actually made the dough for these with Kellee's Kitchen Aid mixer.  I do miss pizza!

But educate me... should the phone always be turned sideways?  Even if the subject is in more of a "portrait" position?
Thanks!  I found that when posting pictures here - maybe from my phone on the app they would appear sideways when viewing on the website.  Also when submitting pictures for the calendar contest it's required that they are taken full screen - by holding the phone horizontally.  Doing so captures a full frame and with no fill required.  I'm no pro at photography, but I capture more with all my shots taking them this way.  Here's a comparison, one vertical and one horizontal....I guess you can do them either way, but I prefer horizontal.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 01:39:03 PM by bamakettles »

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2023, 01:41:28 PM »
Test photo…..

OkieGirl

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2023, 02:10:26 PM »

Thanks!  I found that when posting pictures here - maybe from my phone on the app they would appear sideways when viewing on the website.  Also when submitting pictures for the calendar contest it's required that they are taken full screen - by holding the phone horizontally.  Doing so captures a full frame and with no fill required.  I'm no pro at photography, but I capture more with all my shots taking them this way.  Here's a comparison, one vertical and one horizontal....I guess you can do them either way, but I prefer horizontal.

Okay, thanks for the info!  I've had a problem with my pics appearing sideways before.  I'll have to experiment.  :D

rich

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2023, 10:50:06 PM »
Nice setup!
Great pics!
now I want pizza…