Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Not to be critical but...  (Read 3746 times)

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
Not to be critical but...
« on: August 17, 2012, 06:52:09 AM »
Okay its the Weber Kettle Club so it should be assumed that we all love Weber Kettles and I know I do. That said, is there anything you would change, add, or take away from them? I can tell you that my favorite thing about my Performer compared to regular kettles isn't the gas assist , although that's great, what I really like is the height. I know people were on average shorter back in the day but could they bump the height up just a little bit? So what changes would you like to see?

Duke

• The Duke
Re: Not to be critical but...
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 06:57:20 AM »
If i'm not mistaken Weber did raise the height on the newer Performers. The European models are higher and I have a feeling we are going to see the European style within the next couple years here. The main change I would like is for them to offer us more colors.

Cookingmama

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 07:23:29 AM »
My main thing would be the height.   I love my kettles, and use my platinum all the time but being taller than average I hate the height.   
ribs pre-boiling & reaching for the lighter fluid!

bama bbq

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 08:39:17 AM »
Height would be nice. 6'2" here.  But I'd like to see others things make a comeback more: the old style kabob ring and skewers, warming rack, etc.  I'd also like to see charcoal baskets a little better designed to be more usefull for indirect cooking/smoking.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 10:12:59 AM »
I also would like more colors, preferable the older style kinda two tone. Wood handles would be nice along with them being a little taller.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 10:41:00 AM »
It is kind of like counter tops, sometimes they are just too short.  I agree with the taller height, however my dad being in a wheel chair would have to modify the legs if they were higher. 

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 04:17:04 PM »
Make the legs have adjustable tabs (like on the current style work table) to make the kettles taller or even shorter, if need-be. of course colors.....even if they cant do red, at least bring back brown, avacado, or maybe a sky blue kettle?? Wood handles of course, though I like Brian's craftsmanship over Weber's originals. (Brian's are more durable). Also, I would like to see Weber have a "build your own grill" on their website (like Dell computers and Saturn cars used to do). You make it any color, feature (like OTS, OTG, or even offer a three wheeler option) and charge at different tiers for each option, an option of wheel style, handle style, do you want two handles or 3, do you want a tuck-away lid holder, or not, add a temp gauge or not and make this a website exclusive same for their gas grills too. Just my $1.20's worth

Craig

bama bbq

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 04:55:45 PM »
"build your own grill" ...(like Dell computers and Saturn cars used to do).
Craig

Now that's a damn good idea.

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 05:44:38 PM »
Great ideas Husker!
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.