Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Changed It Up A Little  (Read 337 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Changed It Up A Little
« on: May 31, 2022, 10:42:15 AM »
After a weekend visit to my brother's house in Tennessee over the weekend I decided to try some ribs with a "change everything" attitude on Memorial Day.  We had already planned a seafood boil with shrimp and crab legs on the gasser but I wanted to light a fire.  We found both spare ribs AND Kingsford Blue Bag at 1/2 price at Publix, so that was the ticket.  Also found Sweet Baby Ray's at 1/2 price as well.

I seasoned the ribs liberally with Meat Church Holy Gospel and Honey Hog rubs and cooked them 3-2-1 on the WSM at 265F - setup with leftover B&B briqs a few chunks of apple wood and a half bag of KBB.  Ribs were spritzed every 30 mins with 1/3 mix each of apple cider vinegar, apple juice and water.  Wrapped meat side down with butter and brown sugar and finished meat side up foil boat style with Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory and Brown Sugar slathered heavily which I rarely do.

These were sweet, sticky, saucy and cooked just right to give a little tug on the larger bones.  My wife and I agree that these were my best ribs yet.  Surprisingly, they went really well with the seafood boil which was also a success.  Beaux was good company to be around and really enjoyed the day - and some non-seasoned ribs too.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 11:03:12 AM by bamakettles »

watkinsb87

• WKC Brave
Re: Changed It Up A Little
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2022, 10:48:16 AM »
Spare ribs pair well with everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2022, 11:15:51 AM »
Spare ribs look delicious Greg.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll stop into Publix on the way home this evening and pick four packs of ribs.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2022, 12:03:48 PM »
Spare ribs look delicious Greg.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll stop into Publix on the way home this evening and pick four packs of ribs.
Thanks Robert.  I just looked and today is the last day of the sale.  Might get some more after work and some more Kingsford.  This is the first time I've used Kingsford in a few years and I was happily surprised with the performance.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2022, 01:33:18 PM »
It all looks amazing

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

n3wfy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2022, 04:18:51 PM »
I love a good surf and turf! We just had a similar cook at my parents place. Dad did up steaks and crab legs and lobster my mom brought back from her recent trip to newfoundland!

Looks like you killed it! I like your WSM and good use of the gasser!

Cheers
East coaster turned mainlander.
Love grill'n on my weber.

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2022, 05:47:24 PM »
Nice….excellent looking food there. Beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Veekz

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2022, 12:03:34 AM »
Nice cook! I'm always opting to light fires too.

rich

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2022, 09:43:00 PM »
Yum!

What did you use the bananas for?

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2022, 03:49:14 AM »

Yum!

What did you use the bananas for?
Bananas had two uses….. sliced in my daily Wheaties and in Beaux’s morning yogurt and fruit.  Nothing to do with the cook lol, same with the wine.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club