Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Q Fascination  (Read 35125 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber Q Fascination
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2022, 07:41:53 PM »
Here’s a few I’ve picked up used and refurbished. None of them had carts but over the summer I found a folding one for the 100/120 and a solid one for the 200 along with some new grates and griddle plates.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2022, 06:42:20 AM »
Here’s a few I’ve picked up used and refurbished. None of them had carts but over the summer I found a folding one for the 100/120 and a solid one for the 200 along with some new grates and griddle plates.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Very nice additions!  I've also added a couple more - an orange and a green I found cheap locally.  Plan was to take the orange one to the beach so I bought a carry bag for it.  Then I found someone basically giving away a Traveler Gasser so we took that.  I really like cooking on the red 2200, room enough for protein and a cast iron skillet for veggies or whatever.

pdevoy

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2023, 07:26:52 AM »
 if you love your Q like i love mine then you MIGHT want to consider these modifcations. I did them.... it wasn't very expensive and now the performance is much better. YMMV

https://alexmeub.com/weber-q-grill-upgrades/

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2023, 07:50:44 AM »
if you love your Q like i love mine then you MIGHT want to consider these modifcations. I did them.... it wasn't very expensive and now the performance is much better. YMMV

https://alexmeub.com/weber-q-grill-upgrades/
Will check it out, thanks.... I've since sold my 2200 red, one 1200 blue and given a blue and orange to my sons this past Christmas.  I do still have a lime green 1200 that I use occasionally. 

JCinPA

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2023, 03:42:39 AM »
I have a Weber Performer kettle, a Genesis II SA-E-330, a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Pit Boss 36" griddle and a Weber Q2000 in Ace Hardware red on my deck.

Now that the kids are raised, I use the Q 3 or 4 times for every time I cook on something else. For just the wife and me, it's perfect. I'll do burgers and sausage, of course, but I also have a roasting rack and do whole chickens on it sometimes, although after doing a spatchcocked chicken on the Genesis II last night, I probably won't do them on the Q any more.

I got another regulator and hose and use a regular gas bottle with it, and I have that folding black Weber cart for it. It's a great little cooker.

Cheers,

John

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2023, 08:54:24 AM »
A picked up a red Q1200 about two years ago. You can fit quite a bit on one and they heat up fast. It's used for camping mostly. I need to now get the cart for it.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2023, 10:47:42 AM »
Now I want to get ours out…. Thanks for bringing this up to the top!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Gringo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2023, 01:56:03 PM »
Soo many grills so little time!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

SixZeroFour

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2023, 08:45:39 AM »
Q model re-design on the way!

W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2023, 12:14:48 PM »
I have a red Q1200 and it gets used about once a year for travel. Mostly it’s another grill I don’t need, but I do like it!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch