Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Guessing game.  (Read 3985 times)

G$

• WKC Performer
Guessing game.
« on: July 11, 2013, 09:14:00 AM »
I would probably buy this for $10.   Anybody want to guess why? (and I am being 'serious', no joke, allthough I have a feeling the answers will be)

http://santafe.craigslist.org/for/3924659295.html

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
Re: Guessing game.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 09:22:16 AM »
because its a wooden handled 3 wheeler, and you can?
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 09:28:28 AM »
because its a wooden handled 3 wheeler, and you can?

Nope.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 09:39:10 AM »
extra charcoal and lighter fluid!  LOL
Looks like they may have drilled thru the leg sockets to hold the legs on better too.
Kettle collector AND cooker!

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 09:49:18 AM »
extra charcoal and lighter fluid!  LOL 

Dammit Jeff, I said I was being serious.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 09:53:10 AM »
Nice wheels on that jaqam ...  ??? :-\
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 10:02:53 AM »
For the 7409 ash sweeper since they are now rare.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 10:03:02 AM »
That's no jaqam, it's a jexood nddeh.

Or a 5jea5 model.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 10:08:06 AM by G$ »

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 10:03:30 AM »

No ash sweepers on this guy.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 10:05:08 AM »

No ash sweepers on this guy.

You are right, I thought I saw it in one of the pics.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 10:14:00 AM »
Nice wheels on that jaqam ...  ??? :-\

Hey...Jaqam.  If you flip the word upside down, it sort of says Weber.  Am I right...or am I just late to this game of figuring it out???

Maybe I'll fire up a Jaqam tonight!

Ok G$...whats the deal on this grill?
Older style cooking grate?  Different shaped wood handles?  The suspense is killing me. 
Kettle collector AND cooker!

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 10:19:03 AM »
I have done a nominal amount of cooking on 3 wheelers. I do, and probably always will, prefer the OTG system for high heat grilling, and don't have much trouble with it for lower temps either.  The ease and speed of light clean up can not be beat, and there is no worry about ash blowing out the bottom because it all goes right in to my enclosed ash catcher.

But  ...  when I do want to take a three wheeler out for a spin, I am now a full proponent of the internal ash pan.  This is a picture from Idahawk of one he picked up.

In addition to keeping the ashes from blowing out the bottom of my vent holes, it makes clean up of a three wheeler bowl that much easier.  The next day I simply dump the internal ash tray and no additional cleaning is needed.   For low heat cooks, it reduces any potential ash blow to zero.  I use the pan sitting underneath a normal charcoal grate rather than the little one that sits inside the pan.   I have no problem when  using the pan to get super high heat when doing high heat grilling. I really think weber should have offered these as an accessory back in the day, and I wish you could still order replacements. 

So, assuming the internal pan is still in that Sears Economy cooker, I would gladly pay ten dollars for it.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 11:30:23 AM »
Actually no bs if you want to buy this I think Idahawk would want the bowl. He needs vents and I am almost certain this is the premium happy cooker with the chrome vent he needs. The lid is a weber though
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 11:32:48 AM by pbe gummi bear »
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 11:50:01 AM »
gummi, this is 900 miles from me.

but, i am going to disagree with you about it being a weber lid.  It is almost certainly a Sears Economy lid (made by weber of course).  Look at the handles.  This wood shape was used independantly on both sears and HC models, and the handle shape matches the bowl shape, so either it is a HC or a Sears, but the parts are consistent, and they are not the weber shape.

I believe, in person, you would see that the top lid vent has no writing on it except a single stamp of a date code (L through EO probably).  The economy grills were just like weber vents, without the weber logo.  They were attached via bolts, not rivets.   The bottom vents on these sears grills are identical to their weber brothers excepot they too are attached by bolts.  They are not the 'double notched handle' vents from a happy cooker.  Unfortunately, we can not see the vents on this bowl. So I am guessing here.

now, one wildcard, i was not unconvinced that Unarco did not also supply whoever assembled the sears cookers with some parts (like the wood handles and the freaking ash pan*1 we are talking about.....) at some point during their life, but I was never sure on that.   Note: What is left of the wheels on this one look like the remnants of happy cooker white wheels, not the 'black weber' wheels that I am familiar with seeing on the Sears grills.

sooooooo,   if Ida wants to send this person an email to ask about the bottom  vents, I am sure he could convince them to mail them for the right price.....  It is very possible they are the notched HC vents, but if I were forced to guess, this is a sears economy grill both top and bottom, and he will find standard weber vents with a date stamp on the bottom.

*1  Isn't it strange that these ash pans appear in both weber built Sears grills as well as earlier Happy Cookers, which we have come to learn were made entirely  independant of weber.  Do you recall in our tale that Weber BOUGHT TOOLING from unarco?  I think this is the specific tooling weber used from Unarco.........

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2013, 12:55:18 PM »
gummi, this is 900 miles from me.

but, i am going to disagree with you about it being a weber lid.  It is almost certainly a Sears Economy lid (made by weber of course).  Look at the handles.  This wood shape was used independantly on both sears and HC models, and the handle shape matches the bowl shape, so either it is a HC or a Sears, but the parts are consistent, and they are not the weber shape.

I believe, in person, you would see that the top lid vent has no writing on it except a single stamp of a date code (L through EO probably).  The economy grills were just like weber vents, without the weber logo.  They were attached via bolts, not rivets.   The bottom vents on these sears grills are identical to their weber brothers excepot they too are attached by bolts.  They are not the 'double notched handle' vents from a happy cooker.  Unfortunately, we can not see the vents on this bowl. So I am guessing here.

now, one wildcard, i was not unconvinced that Unarco did not also supply whoever assembled the sears cookers with some parts (like the wood handles and the freaking ash pan*1 we are talking about.....) at some point during their life, but I was never sure on that.   Note: What is left of the wheels on this one look like the remnants of happy cooker white wheels, not the 'black weber' wheels that I am familiar with seeing on the Sears grills.

sooooooo,   if Ida wants to send this person an email to ask about the bottom  vents, I am sure he could convince them to mail them for the right price.....  It is very possible they are the notched HC vents, but if I were forced to guess, this is a sears economy grill both top and bottom, and he will find standard weber vents with a date stamp on the bottom.

*1  Isn't it strange that these ash pans appear in both weber built Sears grills as well as earlier Happy Cookers, which we have come to learn were made entirely  independant of weber.  Do you recall in our tale that Weber BOUGHT TOOLING from unarco?  I think this is the specific tooling weber used from Unarco.........

Good points G$. I am basing the Weber lid on the vent tab shape. To me it looks like the lid handle doesnt match the bowls but those pics arent great. The bowl handles and the holes in the leg sockets look like HC.common tooling after the liquidation is also a good point but if that's the case anything would be possible.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791