Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Years traditions  (Read 539 times)

acast285

• WKC Brave
Re: New Years traditions
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2022, 04:17:13 PM »
Our New year tradition is a black eyed pea dish called Hopping John. We use ham hocks and greens ( mustard greens, kale and / or collard). Basically it’s like a bean soup which we serve over rice.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I'd eat that!

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2022, 04:42:38 PM »

I grew up in the desert southwest. In my younger years we’d eat menudo (beef tripe) on NYD. Yup we were hung over college kids.

As I got older and settled down with my first wife her traditional NYD meal was tamales, carne asada tacos with pinto beans and Mexican rice. She was a gringo haha

I moved to North Florida 13 years ago, my second wife’s tradition is a straight up southern.
Pork, black eyed peas, mustard, turnip or collard greens, white rice, southern cornbread (no sugar) and sweet tea. (I’ll pass on the sweet tea)

Dessert a piece of warm buttered cornbread with Tupelo honey.
Looks awesome Robert…. Tornado warnings here, so we had quick leftovers.  Still good!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2022, 05:02:12 PM »
@bamakettles
Thanks…Stay safe Greg! Happy New Year.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2022, 10:45:57 AM »

For New Years Eve Mrs. Cellar2ful and I always try and watch the last sunset of the year (weather permitting).  This was sunset #365 of 2021 at Sunset Beach, California. 

"Chasing Classic Kettles"

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2022, 08:37:06 AM »

For New Years Eve Mrs. Cellar2ful and I always try and watch the last sunset of the year (weather permitting).  This was sunset #365 of 2021 at Sunset Beach, California. 

Awesome pics Jim
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill