Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Genesis Gold DU Code Fix Up  (Read 268 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Genesis Gold DU Code Fix Up
« on: November 15, 2021, 06:13:56 AM »
Found this used 2002 Genesis Gold locally and fixed it up.  Original owner was pretty proud of it and turned down my offer initially.  He said it was a $1000 grill when new and basically wouldn’t budge.  After two weeks of it being on FB he messaged me back and said he’d take my offer.  It received new SS burners, SS flavorizer bars, ignition assembly, lower pan, lower drip pan assembly, warming grate and tank cover.  I also removed some random rust on the frame and lower shelf and spot painted.  There’s something very rewarding about bringing these back to life….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Genesis Gold DU Code Fix Up
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 06:21:51 AM »
Oh I also used it Saturday night for grilled chicken and yesterday for bacon, onion and peppers for the basement beans.  It works remarkably well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 08:10:43 AM »
good looking grill !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2021, 10:00:58 AM »
good looking grill !!

Thanks!  I didn't realize the cooking surface was lower than my 90s models until I saw the picture of them side by side.  Makes it pretty handy when cooking in a skillet like I did yesterday.  I'm looking at a "Little Griddle" that fits these.  Could be nice for breakfasts or smash burgers on work nights.  Always fun to experiment with different methods.