Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Who got you into Webers?  (Read 1546 times)

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
Re: Who got you into Webers?
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2022, 08:09:44 PM »
Nobody helped me get into Webers, but I sure as hell could use somebody’s help getting out!

Sorry, but there's no exit doors here ;)
[/i]
You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave….

Happiness is found under the lid of a charcoal grill.

avega2792

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2022, 12:17:45 AM »
Funny enough it was my wife that always wanted a (single) Weber grill but I always said no because I’d just buy whatever grill was cheapest at Walmart. Now she wishes I didn’t have so many of them!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

captainhook455

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2022, 06:34:32 AM »
I was looking for a bbq forum for recipes to cook on my square grill. So here I am and it seemed every 3rd word was Weber. I started looking for a green egg, but even the used ones were more than I was willing to spend. Finally thought the ones with wheels and a decent table on the side for plates is the type I was going to buy. These run 300 and up used, but patience won out and a man had one for $100. Wasting no time I was at his house the next morning and didn't try to dicker on the price either. His wife bought him a gas grill for Christmas and I could tell he didn't want to sell his Weber.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2022, 06:34:21 AM »
Labor Day 2009, my friend cooked the most amazing chicken tenders on his weber performer, I knew this was the missing link to make my life complete.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Sprinkler76

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2022, 02:46:19 PM »
My Dad. He bought me one in 1999 for a wedding present.

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2022, 06:17:47 PM »
My dad had a couple of different Weber kettles when I was growing up, which made me appreciate charcoal over gas, and Weber as a brand. In 2002, still a newlywed, I told my wife I wanted the SSP I saw at home depot.  She and my in-laws all pitched in and got me one for my birthday.  I've never owned anything else but Weber kettles since.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2022, 07:51:49 PM »
My Dad,
When we were kids in the late 60s he would drive home from work on trash day using different routes. He brought afew different types but later only keep Kettles   he also made his own chimney from a 3lb coffee can and a can opener. Left home and 6 or 7 yeare later I got my first cheap grill then finally in the 90s I got a kettle. And now I have afew. I love the process and the smiles I can bring to the world.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

leeharvey418

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2022, 11:52:12 AM »
YOU, ALRIGHT? I LEARNED IT BY WATCHING YOU.

That’s not fair. My interest in Kettles developed naturally. You all just enabled my Weberitis.

2020 26" OKP; 2006 Q 200 Silver; 1997 Red Mist SSP; 2000 22” Plum OTG; and I'm gonna call it a 1975 Smokey Joe

captainhook455

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2022, 09:23:31 PM »
YOU, ALRIGHT? I LEARNED IT BY WATCHING YOU.

That’s not fair. My interest in Kettles developed naturally. You all just enabled my Weberitis.

I said the same thing actually I lurked for awhile gleaning recipes.