Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Thought I'd drop an introductory post from CT  (Read 582 times)

DougWilsonsSlapper

• WKC Brave
Re: Thought I'd drop an introductory post from CT
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2021, 03:59:46 AM »
CFL and SABR?  Wow.

Hello from Toronto.
Hello, everyone. My birthday was last Thursday (6/10) and my wife gave me a wonderful present...a Weber Performer! I've been grilling for the family with those $99 tin grills from WalMart, etc., for years. But she knows I've been eyeing this beauty each time I stroll into my local hardware store (we are fortunate enough to have a nice, small, locally owned Ace in the center of town. I haven't stepped into a Home Depot in years for this very reason). You guys have no idea how happy I am with it. Now...I just need to learn how to use it better! I've done a few dinners on it so far (steaks, chicken...), but haven't really even come close to using it to its full potential yet. I did, last night, make pizza on it. Yum!

Looking forward to participating here. A little about me...
  • NY Mets, MiLB, CFL fan
  • Strat-O-Matic baseball enthusiast
  • Society for American Baseball Research (SABR) Member and Ambassador
  • Interior Designer
Hope to be learning a lot!

Sent from my XQ-AS72 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

brucemcclure

• Smokey Joe
    • My company's website
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2021, 04:49:10 AM »
CFL and SABR?  Wow.

Hello from Toronto.

Nice. When I was working for the Hartford Whalers, I loved going to Toronto. That was back in the mid-80s.

Alouettes fan here. Been in The Society for American Baseball Research for years. The work the Assn. just did to get Negro League stats recognized is astounding--and more to come!

Not much wow, really...just a sports nerd here. ;)

I’m just happy to be here. Hope I can help the ball club. I just want to give it my best shot, and the good Lord willing, things will work out.

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2021, 03:27:48 PM »

CFL and SABR?  Wow.

Hello from Toronto.

Nice. When I was working for the Hartford Whalers, I loved going to Toronto. That was back in the mid-80s.

Alouettes fan here. Been in The Society for American Baseball Research for years. The work the Assn. just did to get Negro League stats recognized is astounding--and more to come!

I miss the Whalers. I refuse to acknowledge the current incarnation. Sorry Carolina fans, but the Whalers leaving left a deep wound that hasnt really healed. Yeah, they were the worst team in hockey but we loved them.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Rollin coal

22" 81 B (Faded Black), 22" 86 H (Black),91 N SJ (black), 18" 65 (Red), 12 AU Tostito SJ , 22" CU (Copper), 22” (Brown)Happy Cooker, Q2000 Charcoal, Weber Spirit, 22in Yellow, 18"WSM, Happy cooker SJ

Farace

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2021, 04:39:50 PM »

CFL and SABR?  Wow.

Hello from Toronto.

I miss the Whalers. I refuse to acknowledge the current incarnation. Sorry Carolina fans, but the Whalers leaving left a deep wound that hasnt really healed. Yeah, they were the worst team in hockey but we loved them.

I miss the New Haven Blades. They closed down the club, then knocked down the New Haven Arena.

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2021, 06:15:21 PM »
I still have a New Haven Nighthawks pennant from when my dad used to take me to games. Loved that team.

Rollin coal

22" 81 B (Faded Black), 22" 86 H (Black),91 N SJ (black), 18" 65 (Red), 12 AU Tostito SJ , 22" CU (Copper), 22” (Brown)Happy Cooker, Q2000 Charcoal, Weber Spirit, 22in Yellow, 18"WSM, Happy cooker SJ