Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Accessory question.  (Read 1471 times)

Thin Blue Smoke

• WKC Ranger
Accessory question.
« on: July 06, 2013, 11:45:29 AM »
So I am somewhat of an accessory and gadget junkie. I was wandering down the grill asile at Lowes and saw the Weber roast rack. I know it can also serve as a rib rack but my question is if it serves a purpose for roast or turkey?  Why do you need a rack if they sit just fine on the grate? Would this likely be something I would just add to my stash of under used utensils?

Any thoughts?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

colin.p

• Smokey Joe
Re: Accessory question.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 12:05:14 PM »
I also use it in the oven (roast pan). Keeps the roast/chicken/turkey/key body part out of the liquid goo
2009 Weber Spirit E310, 2013 22.5 OTG and a bunch of Weber stuff
I like my Weber's the same as my Ford's and Harley's, any colour, as long as it's black.

Thin Blue Smoke

• WKC Ranger
Accessory question.
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 12:08:15 PM »
I see the use in the oven. I have a larger rack/pan combo that works well in the oven. Just wasn't sure if I was missing something on the kettle. So far things have worked fine directly on the grate.

colin.p

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 12:30:38 PM »
I subscribe to the idea that I'm lazy and hate doing dishes, so I just throw stuff on the grate as well. However, I was looking for a nice roast-rack for the oven and bought the "small" Weber roast-rack for a reduced price. It holds a 12 lb turkey or roast just fine.
2009 Weber Spirit E310, 2013 22.5 OTG and a bunch of Weber stuff
I like my Weber's the same as my Ford's and Harley's, any colour, as long as it's black.

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 12:39:06 PM »
It would make the transfer of a pork butt from the smoker to a platter easier.
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 02:16:49 PM »
Maybe ya put the roast rack in a pan with veggies that will cook in the drippings, like in the oven  :D
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

TheFinkFarm

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel.
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 04:31:35 AM »
It would make the transfer of a pork butt from the smoker to a platter easier.

Ah, but then what would happen to the "cook's treat"?  ;D
22.5" Blue OTG, Black SJ, Lime Green SJ X 2, Brick Red Performer, Outlaw Red 22" daisy wheel, Ivory MT, LE Red MT, Spring Green MT, Slate MT, Smoke MT.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFinkFarm