Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Burger & fries  (Read 2824 times)

Duke

• The Duke
Burger & fries
« on: August 15, 2012, 09:06:54 AM »
I was in the mood for a burger last night, and it's rare that I ever have one. When I do have one, I like something out of the ordinary that I can't buy.

I started with some garlic waffle fries and grilled some green onions.

Then came the pattys. I added my usual cracked pepper and granulated Gilroy garlic.

I used Havarti for my wifes and mine and american on my sons.

I used a little of my special blend of hickory hearts and live oak from the 60's for smoke.

Plated on a toasted crustini bun with a little ketchup mixed with a dash of Schiracha. The sauce was a hit.

Then I grilled some pineapple and a white peach for Desert.

Plated with a little vanilla ice cream and chopped pecans.

I never had any because I was too full, but my wife and son loved the desert.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 09:09:04 AM by Duke »

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
Re: Burger & fries
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 09:30:49 AM »
Love the green onion on the burger, just add more to mine when I come to visit!!!  Super meal.  The dessert looked so simple, but outrageously good!!  Fine job! 
Larry Wolfe
----------------------------
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 10:20:24 AM »
the burgers look fantastic!

is that your santa maria?

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 10:28:44 AM »
YUM!
Ive never made pineapple on the grill...much to it other than warmning and giving a slight char?  Ive also seen whole ones on a rotisserie.
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Vermin99

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 11:11:06 AM »
Great looking burgers!! I make green onions all of the time one the grill and never thought to add some to a burger.

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 11:16:14 AM »
Looks great, tell me more about the garlic fries too, they look like regular waffle fries? Be handy if they were I've even got the same basket. Pineapple always goes over big at my place.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 06:59:21 PM »
Shaun, is that your custom grill?  I like how you slipped that in without saying anything!
Grub looks good as always... Man I'm hungry..
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 04:30:08 PM »
Looks great, tell me more about the garlic fries too, they look like regular waffle fries? Be handy if they were I've even got the same basket. Pineapple always goes over big at my place.
Sorry it's taken me so long to reply, but Larry had to bail me out of Jail today.  :(

Thanks for the replies. I used the frozen ones because I don't have the right cutter for them. {Julienne I believe} Besides time doesn't always allow. I sprayed a little Pam on them and then sprinkled some granulated garlic. The Pam helps the garlic to stick and brown. You could also throw them in a CI pan and use fresh garlic.

HJ wrote: "Shaun, is that your custom grill?  I like how you slipped that in without saying anything!
Grub looks good as always... Man I'm hungry.."

Yes, I finally started showing it off. :D

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 08:42:58 PM »
That looks great! I just did some green onion burgers (green onion chopped and mixed in) along with a little japanese panko and some Teryaki sauce.............good eats! I'll have to get a pic next time I do these. Green onions are like candy to me. Love 'em on almost anything savory.

Craig

michael w

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 08:46:25 PM »
Everything looks delicious Shaun.
Some kettles, couple smokey joes, a preformer, 18" WSM and the wifes Q300.