Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: ... Sunday supper (pic HEAVY)  (Read 330 times)

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
... Sunday supper (pic HEAVY)
« on: March 08, 2021, 09:57:22 AM »
... a new Nugget Market opened with in walking distance of the house, their Piedmontese tomahawk was on a nice discount and I am a sucker for cooking these. Grabbed it Friday and salt cured it with plans of a  Sunday cook. Saturday inspiration sparked and I decided to hang this one in the C code WSM with some peach wood fueled by weber briquettes while the steak hung the taters baked I prepped the 63 Chestnut Coppertone for high heat roasting of asparagus and final searing of the roast. Because let's face it at 3.43 pounds this is a single bone standing rib roast more than it's a steak. Inspiration originally wanted to finish cowboy over lump and whelp I'm out and life just didn't provide time for a coal run... this cook fell on the one week anniversary of my father's passing. Pops passed in the middle of the night and is now free from the pains and struggles of living with life long neglected health and diabetes. This past year has been like nothing before for any of us and so many have lost so much in these strange times. I wish all of you well and hope you're taking care of yourselfs and making sure your loved ones know how truly important they are. Sadly this cook wasn't filmed for a grill therapy episode,  I know I've been slacking on content and honestly had hoped to get back in the groove and making and releasing new content starting with this cook. Moving forward come April I've set goal of dropping two cooks a month. Middle of the week the local fish monger, a friend of 15 plus years, sent me an offer to start delivering for his company. I started the day after and my first three days were the most stressed filled blast I've had in a long while... I'm fucking hooked (pun intended) pops def was looking down this past week, I know he was proud of who I am, what I've overcame and the progress I've made in life now he gets to guide from above as I continue down life's path.
Stay well everyone and tell your loved ones you love em. Peace

Sent from my SM-G975U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: ... Sunday supper (pic HEAVY)
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 10:06:41 AM »
Awesome cook chef, we love you in Doraville !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 10:27:27 AM »
Sorry for your loss. My condolences.

But congrats on the new job and the tomahawk looks amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2021, 10:28:39 AM »
I perfect chunk of ribeye. Kind of best of both worlds between steak and prime rib the way you have it cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2021, 11:45:14 AM »
Wow, fun cook Matt!  I'd never have though to do one that way, looks like it turned out really good.  Congrats on the new gig!

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2021, 02:35:09 PM »
Nice cook, Chef, the hanging tomahawk looks awesome. 

I’m really sorry to hear about your father’s passing.  My condolences. 

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2021, 03:26:11 AM »
I'm sorry to hear about your dad, but congratulations on the new gig!

The rib roast??? Incredible! I look forward to seeing more of your cooks soon.
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

FatBottomGrills

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2021, 01:46:27 PM »
Grill therapy y'all.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app