Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Anyone ever drill out a handle and lid to convert OT to mastertouch/performer?  (Read 1537 times)

G$

• WKC Performer
Has anyone tried to drill the handle and lid on an OTS or OTG to convert it to the thermo style used on the old Master-Touch or Performer lids?

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
I haven't. The MT handle is also taller than the regular one to accommodate the shield.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

G$

• WKC Performer
Good point Lawrence. I had not considered the height difference.

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
I have a red s/s performer w/o a handle there are 3 holes in the top, one for the thermo.  I am going back and forth about trying to modify a firepit handle to accommodate the thermo OR go with the new style thermo on a bezel independent of the handle.

I think I prefer keeping it old style :P
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

javahog2002

• WKC Ranger
I drilled through the garage door handle I added to my performer which was missing a handle.   it is shorter than a reg performer handle.

can't get te picture to upload to photobucket.  ???

SSP '00-WSM 18.5-WSM 22.0-'90 MT-Hasty Bake Cado

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
I have a red s/s performer w/o a handle there are 3 holes in the top, one for the thermo.  I am going back and forth about trying to modify a firepit handle to accommodate the thermo OR go with the new style thermo on a bezel independent of the handle.

I think I prefer keeping it old style :P

If the holes are already drilled out on the lid making the handle bracket should be easy with regular hand tools and a drill. Go for the old style!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

G$

• WKC Performer
Rich in your case I would definitely go for the old style.