Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Wranglin' Up Some Doggies........  (Read 2470 times)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Wranglin' Up Some Doggies........
« on: July 03, 2013, 01:17:23 PM »
Awhile back, the wife's favorite uncle passed away & she & her daughter decided to drive out to Oklahoma for the memorial......

As this was right around the time of the second big raft of tornadoes, flying there was out....and no cars to rent once they got there.....gotta have a heart for all those folks have gone thru in the last bit.....  :'(

Well, they stayed at that place that's the "Home of the 72oz. Steak Challenge" both up & back, said I could probably tackle it.....don't know....I wasn't there....    ;D

But in any event, she always comes back with souveniers, no matter what & I ended up with this ~~>

Put up a thing in "Grilling" [  Same story here:  http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/food-pr0n/wife-went-shopping-for-something-to-bbq/  ]  ....about using on cowboy steaks & George, GF, from Conneticutt saw it...
He's learned himself up on welding & is putting together a big smoker in the "Cooker" (section, on Smoke Ring) & took time out from that activity to make me this ~~>

Used in conjuction with the "K"....I now got a "King of the Kettle" brand........

It's a half-bubble off plumb, but then so am I.....  ;)
Wondering where I'd get to use it & last Sunday of the month cookup rolled around & there was peeled tri-tip as part of the feed....worked just right, plenty of blank canvas......
Got some appetizers going......

Also found some Johnsonville's uncooked cheddar brats, commercial stuff, but pretty good when rolled in some World Harbors Cherryaki sauce.....

Along with the tips for branding....

Burnt the 1st batch as I haven't done these in awhile, hard to find in the stores, but this was a go-to app for years......

Also went over the night before to inject the tri-tips & showed my friends how to set up a pork butt......
Here's their 1st one ever, done overnite.......

Just a slight bit more dry than the one I went home & did semi-H'n'F....but just tabout perfect......

Maybe it went a bit long 'cause they were fixin' other stuff too....

Wish I'd got a shot of this tater salad at the start....it was pretty....

pork & beans...

Sliced / chunked tips.....

All in all a dang good feed.......considering it was 109 degrees there......  :o
thanks, George....it's fun !!!!!

Now I don't know about this 'King of the Kettle' thing.....that's something George & a few others started on Smoke Ring......personally, I think there's a hunka bunch of GREAT, I say GRATE !!!.....kettle cooks right here in the club & nobody really gets to be king................ 8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Wranglin' Up Some Doggies........
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 01:26:37 PM »
Great story! Those brands are so cool as well. That looks like a hell of a good feast!

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

Duke

• The Duke
Re: Wranglin' Up Some Doggies........
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 09:10:12 PM »
Great story and pictures to go along with it. That Cherryaki sounds good.

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 07:09:12 AM »
It's a half-bubble off plumb, but then so am I.....  ;)

If that's what it takes to make some of that great looking food, then I'm there. My dad said he called me son because I was so bright     ???

Dude, relax your chicken.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 08:26:42 AM »

Thanks, C__S !!!

this one was a pretty fun cook, even with the heat....

Thanks, Mr. Duke  !!!

the cherryaki on 4-cheese, or the cheddar brats was one of my" Ok-this-might-be-good-not-something-anybody-would-normally-think-of-let's-give-it-a-shot" ideas from the mid-90's.......

People will argue over the last bites & I have to dole them out in waves to make sure everybody gets a turn....Cherryaki is hard to find in stores nowdays, used to be everywhere.....still made & can be had from World Harbors.....they got a ton of stuff designed to be used as marinade or glaze or dipping sauce.....gratestuff !!!

Thanks, Dazzo  !!!  (<<< that's Dazzo, was going for a red, white & blue reply !!! )
I live outside the box, mostly...... 8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 11:52:07 AM »
I like the branding iron!  Good looking food as usual Buckie!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 05:05:04 AM »
With cook-ups like that ... You will always be the King of Kettles in my book!  :D ;)

Nice work by GF, too!  :D :D
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.