Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rotisserie  (Read 3409 times)

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Rotisserie
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2021, 01:22:22 PM »
they are easy to disassemble to clean and lube
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Sparky2020

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2021, 02:26:57 PM »
Tried that and it did not work. Was very well lubed with no rust. Windings must be bad.
I found one on Amazon for $20 (aftermarket of course). Seller agreed to paypal me the $20 since it's not in working order. Stand up guy if he comes through. We will see.
As for dinner, it turned from rotisserie to beer can chicken fast.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 02:28:28 PM by Sparky2020 »

Sparky2020

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2021, 03:25:46 PM »
What replacement motor do you recommend?

Sparky2020

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2021, 10:03:01 AM »
Seller refunded $20 via paypal for non morking motor. Great guy who stood behind his word of selling in working condition.
I ordered this motor off of Amazon. It is supposed to be rated for more load than standard rotisserie motors.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2021, 12:37:27 PM »
Glad to hear it!  And that one accepts the 5/16 spit which should be what you have.  I’m sure you’re itching to try out your rotisserie!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Rotisserie
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2021, 12:54:45 PM »
Does it come with a mount?  That doesn’t look like it will fit on the Weber mount

Maybe all rotisserie’s are universal?  Not really sure so it may work fine without modification. I only have experience with the stock one so don’t take my word for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 01:10:23 PM by HoosierKettle »

Sparky2020

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2021, 02:17:24 PM »
Does it come with a mount?  That doesn’t look like it will fit on the Weber mount

Maybe all rotisserie’s are universal?  Not really sure so it may work fine without modification. I only have experience with the stock one so don’t take my word for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
It does not come with a mount. It looks to have the same frame casing as the motor that was bad, so it should work. Hoping I don't have to make any mods but will if I need to.

Sparky2020

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2021, 01:17:11 PM »
Looks like the bad motor that was on it was not the original. It was off by 1/4" to let the shaft rotate properly causing excess strain(probably why the motor failed). The new motor was an exact fit so I had to mod it by extending it out the 1/4". Just waiting on the coal to be ready now. I cant wait for dinner!!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2021, 02:01:31 PM »
good spin on the adjustment for the motor !! that is going to be good eats !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Sparky2020

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2021, 03:48:08 PM »
Came out better than I thought!

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2021, 03:16:11 AM »
Looks like the bad motor that was on it was not the original. It was off by 1/4" to let the shaft rotate properly causing excess strain(probably why the motor failed). The new motor was an exact fit so I had to mod it by extending it out the 1/4". Just waiting on the coal to be ready now. I cant wait for dinner!!

Glad to see you have the roti up and running.

Is that Al pastor on your spit?

MANCHAS2020

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2021, 06:21:51 AM »
Looks like I got a dud motor. It spins fine with no weight but as soon as I put a 6lb chicken on it won't rotate.

I have the Cajun Bandit Stainless Steel Rotisserie Kit for my 22" Weber Performer Deluxe which is fitted with a excellent "One Grill.Com" beefy motor.

Sparky2020

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2021, 06:19:16 PM »

Yes.  Al pastor from sliced pork butt. Followed a recipe I found on YouTube for the marinade. Wife loved them as I did.

I had a bit too many coals as the outside meat over charred. Once that layer was cut away it was pure gold. Lesson learned. Less heat or cut off as It cooks.

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
Rotisserie
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2021, 07:21:23 AM »

Yes.  Al pastor from sliced pork butt. Followed a recipe I found on YouTube for the marinade. Wife loved them as I did.

I had a bit too many coals as the outside meat over charred. Once that layer was cut away it was pure gold. Lesson learned. Less heat or cut off as It cooks.

Your Al pastor tacos look delicious.

I like to use 1/2 to 3/4 lit chimney of lump charcoal under the spit rod.

Thanks for sharing your roti cook.

Cheers

Sparky2020

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2021, 04:29:32 PM »
Definitely a great buy. Already used it 3 times in a week. Looking to get a stone for pizza next.