Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cooking Prime Rib Fingers  (Read 1848 times)

SmallBBQr

• Smokey Joe
Cooking Prime Rib Fingers
« on: December 26, 2020, 07:38:26 PM »
I found some pricey "Prime Rib Fingers" on sale really cheap and picked up a couple packs....but I have never cooked them before and wondering if anyone else has, and the best way to do it.  A lot smaller than "regular" beef ribs so I am worried about drying them out, overcooking etc.

Just gave them a generous salt/pepper and threw them in the fridge to dry brine overnight....

Old CWO

• Smokey Joe
Re: Cooking Prime Rib Fingers
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 07:23:54 AM »
I've never purchased beef packaged as Prime Rib Fingers, but I assume they cook like regular back ribs.  We cook them at 200-225 until probe tender which at my elevation and climate is usually about 5 hours.  As you say, those are a little smaller and will probably be done sooner.  I would try and trim off a little more fat if possible as they may not cook long enough to render it off and end up greasy. 

Back ribs are a tasty and affordable cut.  We often do S&P plus granulated garlic and cayenne on ours.  No sauce and no wrap for heavy bark.  The Mrs. like me to cut them into individual bones before cooking so there is bark on all sides of the rib but I think that is more effort than it's worth...

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
Re: Cooking Prime Rib Fingers
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 07:30:45 AM »
I love smoking back ribs.
It might look like all the meat is cooking away but keep cooking till they probe tender between the bones.