Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: It's Very Liberating...  (Read 37457 times)

dazzo

• WKC Performer
Re: It's Very Liberating...
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2016, 08:15:34 AM »

@swamprb, OK, door for pre-heating, great idea.

And I thought about cutting the Green MBH      :o    but I went with the 18 for the size and the lid height.

I left the vent in from for several reasons...

I thought it looked better there.

Other pizza ovens have the stack in front.

Gave me a place to stick the therm.

The drag coefficient of the flame, combined with the thermal properties of the fire brick, and the thickness of the stone, divided by the volume of the charcoal and the BTU properties of the oak - had no bearing what-so-ever    ::)

Dude, relax your chicken.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2016, 08:26:09 AM »
I'm loving this!!!!!  The lid came out great and your pizzas look good to.  I think you are right about either adding some coals under the stone or using baskets so the heat isn't blocked off.  I'm not sure that putting the cutout on during you actual cook would work well.  It will choke out the flames and your would is going to smoke instead of burn.  Pizza dough really soaks up smoke so I'm worried it might be too smokey plus the fact that if your fire is choked you aren't going to get the flames into the lid that are needed to have the high heat for cooking the top of the pizza.  I might be wrong, so definitely give it a shot on a pizza and see what happens.  I do think it would help heat up the stone prior to being ready to put a pizza on.

I like that you put the vent on the front.  I've forgotten to close my vent when I've had it in the back and the flames roached my plastic handle.  Not the end of the world and I've since replace it with one of Brian's vent handles. 
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2016, 10:00:19 AM »

It's not delivery, it's dazzo!

My new dough recipe...

Stop by Georgio's on the way home.

Pay $6.50 for two smalls, stretched.

Drive home.

Same pizzas, different dough. This dough was MUCH better...

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2016, 02:33:33 PM »
Looks good Dazzo! Bet they were delicious. Looks like Georgio's has some nice dough and it's awesome the stretched it for you too. I might need to see if my local NY Pizzaria will stretch their dough if I buy some. Would be great in a pinch.

Transit98

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2021, 07:49:36 AM »
Sorry to resurrect an old post but it looks like some useful info for me in here. I guess the tap a talk change afew years back rendered some images disconnected to the post. If any of you can repost the lid jobs you did it would be appreciated[emoji119]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2021, 02:56:14 PM »

racedvl

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2021, 03:03:49 PM »
Damn. The 18" is nice and tight! Probably gets nice and hot on smaller amount of coal I would think. Looks like a hell of a pizza cooker!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2021, 03:51:29 PM »
Thanks

It’s my favorite charcoal/wood option

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2021, 04:47:02 PM »
Red liberation

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2021, 05:33:09 PM »
You said it would be your liberating moment

Nice!