Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: GENESIS JNR - PARTS  (Read 5156 times)

Ipkus_j

• Smokey Joe
GENESIS JNR - PARTS
« on: December 08, 2020, 10:24:36 PM »
Hey Guys,

I'm currently doing a full nut and bolt resto on a Weber Genesis Junior. I know it's a long shot but wanted to see if anyone has any JNR spare parts? I need a few items but the main item is the underneath drip tray.

Cheers, Mark

Sent from my SM-N975F using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Re: GENESIS JNR - PARTS
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 06:11:31 AM »
@Ipkus_j - Is this the part you need?  I don’t believe I have that size bottom tray, but I might be able to help with other parts. Let me know what else you’re missing.

Here is a link to the owner's manual. This link is for the Natural Gas model, but you can find .pdf copies of the LP model online. https://www.appliancefactoryparts.com/gasgrillparts/weber/genesis-jr--ng.html
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 06:15:44 AM by Bob BQ »
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Ipkus_j

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 10:00:55 AM »

@Ipkus_j - Is this the part you need?  I don’t believe I have that size bottom tray, but I might be able to help with other parts. Let me know what else you’re missing.

Here is a link to the owner's manual. This link is for the Natural Gas model, but you can find .pdf copies of the LP model online. https://www.appliancefactoryparts.com/gasgrillparts/weber/genesis-jr--ng.html
Hey Mate, yep that's the main part I need. Unfortunately the previous owner didn't have it.

The other parts it's missing is the bottom rack shelving, so just need the Z Bars as I'm doing new wood and also it's missing the flip up shelf on the right hand side, so just need the hardware for that.

Other than that it's all there. The burners are in great condition, I'm going to try and get new flavourisers and grill grates

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 07:50:43 AM »
The other parts it's missing is the bottom rack shelving, so just need the Z Bars as I'm doing new wood and also it's missing the flip up shelf on the right hand side, so just need the hardware for that.

Other than that it's all there. The burners are in great condition, I'm going to try and get new flavourisers and grill grates

Having great condition burner tubes is a major plus!  The flavorizers and grill grates (and even the burner tubes) from a standard Genesis can be trimmed down to size, if needed.  I'm pretty sure I have extra flip-up shelf hardware.  I'll check to see if I have the 'z' bars as well.  I'll send you a pm when I've had a chance to check.
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Ipkus_j

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2020, 12:45:15 AM »

Having great condition burner tubes is a major plus!  The flavorizers and grill grates (and even the burner tubes) from a standard Genesis can be trimmed down to size, if needed.  I'm pretty sure I have extra flip-up shelf hardware.  I'll check to see if I have the 'z' bars as well.  I'll send you a pm when I've had a chance to check.
Thanks mate, yeah I'm going to see if the grates off my 1000 fit and if they do I'll cut them down, same as the flavourisers.

Awesome thanks mate, if you can check that would be great [emoji106]

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2020, 07:07:23 AM »
I put the Grillgrates in my Jr and I love them!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2020, 07:35:07 AM »
Sweet
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Ipkus_j

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2020, 09:03:31 AM »

Yeah nice, great idea!! Do they take a while to heat up?

WhaleinaTeardrop

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2020, 07:56:06 PM »

They heat up faster than the cast iron grates and are quite a bit hotter.  You should definitely have a test cook and stay close.  Took a couple of cooks before I was comfortable walking away from the grill.  Flavor still not as good a charcoal/wood, but definitely better that the regular grates.

GrillGtates recommends putting wood chips in the valley between the individual grates to add smoke flavor, but I’ve taken it a step further and use wood pellets and I get a fantastic smoke flavor.  I most recently did 4 racks of baby backs and 1 rack of spares ribs by putting then on the warming rack and pellets in the valleys.  Did a 2-1-1, for the baby backs, only instead of wrapping I put them in an aluminum pan and covered for the hour and a reg 3-2-1 for the spares.  Best ribs I’ve ever done.  Usually don’t care for spare ribs, but this method may have converted me

Ipkus_j

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2020, 11:24:56 PM »

They heat up faster than the cast iron grates and are quite a bit hotter.  You should definitely have a test cook and stay close.  Took a couple of cooks before I was comfortable walking away from the grill.  Flavor still not as good a charcoal/wood, but definitely better that the regular grates.

GrillGtates recommends putting wood chips in the valley between the individual grates to add smoke flavor, but I’ve taken it a step further and use wood pellets and I get a fantastic smoke flavor.  I most recently did 4 racks of baby backs and 1 rack of spares ribs by putting then on the warming rack and pellets in the valleys.  Did a 2-1-1, for the baby backs, only instead of wrapping I put them in an aluminum pan and covered for the hour and a reg 3-2-1 for the spares.  Best ribs I’ve ever done.  Usually don’t care for spare ribs, but this method may have converted me
Awesome thanks for the info mate. I'll definitely look into them as an option once it's all complete [emoji106]

Ipkus_j

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2021, 09:37:23 AM »
Hey Guys, I'm still chasing these parts for the JNR if anyone can help out, will be much appreciated. I need:
- Z Bars
- Flip up table metal hardware
- Underneath drip pan (long shot)

Cheers, Mark

« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 09:40:21 AM by Ipkus_j »

Ipkus_j

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2021, 09:16:30 AM »
***BUMP***

Still chasing parts if anyone can help out. Will be much appreciated.

Cheers, Mark

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2021, 10:04:25 AM »
PM’d.

GermanTex

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2021, 08:43:16 AM »
You may want to post in the Virtual Weber forum.
https://tvwbb.com/forums/weber-gas-grills.91/
Lots of gasser restorers and hoarders over there. I was one of them. The flip up table HW should be compatible with the flip up HW from an early x000. I had a few but gave them all away last year to folks in the Weber forum since I stopped restoring.
As for Z-bars you can also use aluminum z-bars which are sold through metal shops such as this:
https://www.mcmaster.com/aluminum-z-bars/
But the grease slider pan will be a challenge. Very few Genesis Junior are still around and unless someone has some parts he no longer needs you will be out of luck. Same with burners and some other parts which are specific to the Junior. And the few owners who have restored them hunt for these parts as well.
You may need to contact a metal fabrication shop to have one custom made.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 08:46:48 AM by GermanTex »
Green 22" Perfomer, Red 22" One Touch Platinum, Blue 22" Kettle, Yellow Simpspons Smokey Joe, Pink Q1200, Blue Platinum C.

Ipkus_j

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2021, 10:24:18 PM »
Hey Mate, thanks heaps for those info. I've put a post up on TVWBB and have had a couple of responses which is good.

Good news other than the parts I'm chasing the Junior is in great shape!! But yeah your right about the drip pan, it's going to be a hard task. I'm going to try a local fabricator to see what they can do.

Cheers, Mark
You may want to post in the Virtual Weber forum.
https://tvwbb.com/forums/weber-gas-grills.91/
Lots of gasser restorers and hoarders over there. I was one of them. The flip up table HW should be compatible with the flip up HW from an early x000. I had a few but gave them all away last year to folks in the Weber forum since I stopped restoring.
As for Z-bars you can also use aluminum z-bars which are sold through metal shops such as this:
https://www.mcmaster.com/aluminum-z-bars/
But the grease slider pan will be a challenge. Very few Genesis Junior are still around and unless someone has some parts he no longer needs you will be out of luck. Same with burners and some other parts which are specific to the Junior. And the few owners who have restored them hunt for these parts as well.
You may need to contact a metal fabrication shop to have one custom made.