Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grill Envy  (Read 917 times)

Smooth Jonny BBQ

• Smokey Joe
Grill Envy
« on: December 04, 2020, 02:46:48 PM »
My brother lives in Jersey and does rooftop gardening for some pretty wealthy clients in Manhattan. Apparently charcoal grills are prohibited on rooftops in NYC so one of his clients gave him what he called a charcoal/gas hybrid that had only been used once. So I'm thinking he got a Performer and I ask him what color. He says the kettle is black with stainless trim. I'm thinking there is no way it's a SSP that's been only used once. Then he sends me a stock pic of the Summit Charcoal Grilling Center and now I'm envious AF! Up until now his outdoor cooking arsenal was an electric smoker. I told him he could sell it for a grand easily, but I'd give him $500 ;D I sure hope he uses this as we'd hate to see it not being used. I told him that if he didn't do a brisket on it in the middle of winter, then he didn't deserve to own it. ;D ;D ;D

P0234

• Smokey Joe
Re: Grill Envy
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 10:07:33 AM »
Awesome score. It's funny to me that some places ban charcoal. An exploding LP tank or a leak is a lot bigger problem than charcoal. And gas grills are notorious for grease fires.