Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Vegetable Chow Mein  (Read 1648 times)

Duke

• The Duke
Vegetable Chow Mein
« on: August 14, 2012, 06:47:36 AM »
First I boiled the noodles.

After I drained the noodles I fried them a little and set them aside. Next went the chicken and green onions. I used House Of Tsang wok oil infused with garlic and ginger this time. It really made a difference.

Then the fresh vegetables.

Finally the noodles went back in with a little oyster sauce.

Then into the glass pan. Notice my noodles stuck a little because the pan is fairly new and not completely seasoned yet.

Close up.

Sorry I forgot the plated shot. I served it with a little Wonnies Bul Go Ki sauce and dash of Schiracha because I like a touch of heat.

The next time I will add the waterchestnuts I forgot. Another great thing to add is a little leftover finely chopped pork if you happen to have some on hand. It makes a huge difference. I would also recommend keeping an ingredients list since the process picks up momentum and it's easy to forget some things like I did. However it was still really good. As I practice and experiment with asian food a little more I hope to be able to make fusion style dishes like PF Changs does. We like the spicey sauces and ingredients they use. The wok is also a lot of fun. You can whip up a meal in no time if you have the ingredients all chopped up and ready to go. It works well when you don't have a lot of time to spare.

Thanks for viewing! :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 07:00:59 AM by Duke »

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
Re: Vegetable Chow Mein
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 07:26:36 AM »
Yeah buddy!!
Larry Wolfe
----------------------------
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot

Vermin99