Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Weber Summit Kamado  (Read 4742 times)

blu082003

• WKC Brave
Re: New Weber Summit Kamado
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2020, 07:02:22 AM »
Oh wow. That’s interesting. The wife and I just recently purchased one and it’s currently in transit. I’m going to reach out to Weber and see if I need to reroute the package back to the shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

SmallBBQr

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2020, 10:41:20 AM »
Did you order the E6?  If so, I would make sure, if you decide to keep it, to immediately register it and issue a warranty complaint about the wobble and any other parts or things that you are not happy with....I'm sure Weber is going to make things right with this grill ASAP....but who knows how fast the "S" will be...

ormandj

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2020, 11:06:19 AM »
Weber site is now showing "coming soon" for BOTH models (the E6 was changed back from being released I believe) and I was written a very serious sounding message from a Weber contact saying they are taking the initial reviews and comments seriously and are reviewing things.  If those two are coincidence will remain to be seen.

...the next month or two should be interesting for the product perhaps.

Can you share the cliff notes version of the letter, or was that what you already posted? More specifically, did they call out which things they were looking to address, or was it more generic as above?

I'm really hoping they do resolve the issues, I'm chomping at the bit for this grill, as I miss my old ceramic Primo Oval XL, but don't miss the weight.

blu082003

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2020, 12:12:30 PM »

Did you order the E6?  If so, I would make sure, if you decide to keep it, to immediately register it and issue a warranty complaint about the wobble and any other parts or things that you are not happy with....I'm sure Weber is going to make things right with this grill ASAP....but who knows how fast the "S" will be...
Yes I ordered the e6 on the 8th. It’s supposed to be here the 15th. I emailed Weber already I think I will call as well. I will definitely register it

SixZeroFour

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2020, 03:47:12 PM »
^ wow!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2020, 08:53:10 PM »
https://www.weber.com/US/en/blog/behind-the-grill/product-update-to-weber-com-shoppers-and-summit-kamado-e6-charcoal-grill-owners/weber-2105129.html

Weber’s statement

Kudos to them for listening to customers and issuing a revision. Hopefully next time they'll err on the side of overbuilding things like they used to.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2020, 05:06:20 AM »
kudos to Weber for listening, realizing and fixing a wrong
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2020, 05:29:43 PM »
Longer video, but this guy goes into how Weber is handling this. 

https://youtu.be/LEz-K20hzYs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blu082003

• WKC Brave
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2020, 09:36:28 PM »
I should be getting mine tomorrow and the new legs should be coming in a couple weeks. I’m super excited. I spoke with the same person that’s talked about in this video. I’m very happy with the cs that I’ve received so far and the grill hasn’t even arrived

blu082003

• WKC Brave
New Weber Summit Kamado
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2020, 02:27:44 PM »
Christmas come early [emoji319] now let’s build this beast

« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 04:27:19 PM by blu082003 »

bkeaver

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2022, 07:26:28 PM »
I know this is an older thread, however, I just bought a new house and well, I needed a new grill to go with it so I got a summit kamado e6. Can't wait to get in the new house now and get it set up and cooking on it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2022, 04:59:14 AM »

I know this is an older thread, however, I just bought a new house and well, I needed a new grill to go with it so I got a summit kamado e6. Can't wait to get in the new house now and get it set up and cooking on it.
Congrats on the new house and new grill.

bkeaver

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2022, 05:05:43 AM »

Congrats on the new house and new grill.
Thanks, stoked to start using this bad boy.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk