Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: curious  (Read 977 times)

22ket~tle

• WKC Brave
curious
« on: November 24, 2020, 11:04:24 AM »
I know what opinions are like-but im gonna ask anyway.   After cleaning the kettle and drying, etc. and putting the cover back on I was wondering if its best to have the vents wide open or completely closed?

what say y’all ??

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: curious
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 11:26:00 AM »
I leave my vents open to help eliminate moisture build up and the possibility of mold growth.  And I never cover a wet grill.  Oh also once I find that a grill cover doesn't stop water it goes in the trash.  The best covers I've found for keeping a kettle dry are KingKong covers available from Amazon.  For my WSM the iCover is the only one I found that will fit and keep it dry.  WSMs are really bad about molding so I check it frequently for moisture and always keep the vents open.  Hope that helps!

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 03:00:14 PM »
   Don't know what's best but I leave all the vents open and all grills are kept from the elements.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

22ket~tle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 07:35:54 PM »
thanks [emoji120] y’all - i was thinkin open vents would be best but was wondering if everyone agreed.

nw010101

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2020, 10:13:48 AM »
My kettles live outside uncovered. One is in a damp north facing location. I close them up to put out the fire, and clean before use. Replace handles etc as necessary. It’s true that one is starting to rust through where the legs attach. But it’s taken 40 years!