Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Need some rub advise....  (Read 3570 times)

ThinBlu42

• Smokey Joe
Re: Need some rub advise....
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2020, 07:37:42 AM »
For grinding larger quantities of pepper I use an old crank style coffee grinder.
I have one for black pepper and one for white.  I'll post some pics when I get the time.

Please do pics of your grinder. I need to step up my cracked pepper game since I use it every day.

I also use a coffee grinder. It is an adjustable burr grinder, but its just a cheapie off Amazon and not as efficient as my good coffee grinder.

On my old coffee grinder, I used to take the removable handle off and attach my cordless drill! It makes quick work of it. I might have to try that again with the pepper.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 07:39:28 AM by ThinBlu42 »
It's not GRILLING that makes you old.
It's NOT grilling that makes you old.

P0234

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2020, 05:48:54 PM »
MSG has gotten a bad rep. And a lot of new names for the same thing. Funny how the Weber recipe books called for it in so many recipes.

ThinBlu42

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2020, 07:06:31 AM »
MSG has gotten a bad rep. And a lot of new names for the same thing. Funny how the Weber recipe books called for it in so many recipes.

It has gotten a bad rep. It's a naturally occurring chemical and it's in lots of foods naturally. It's still added to foods everywhere. Like you said, it has 50 different names now and they use it all the time.

I know a great chef who keep it hush, but use it all the time. Half the time when a champion BBQ champion has the "secret" injection for that turkey or briskit it's a secret because they don't want to talk about MSG.
It's not GRILLING that makes you old.
It's NOT grilling that makes you old.

P0234

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2020, 03:21:15 PM »
ThinBlu42 thanks for posting your salt ratios. I’ve been winging it too long. You have inspired me to take it to the next level.

Gnhntn

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2020, 03:11:49 PM »
Probably a little late but the one I use for brisket all the time is:

1/4 cup Kosher salt
2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
2 tablespoons smoked paprika
If looking for a heat add cayenne pepper to taste

I rub the brisket with a light coating of olive olive, then shake on to cover, and away you go.

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2020, 08:44:53 PM »
For grinding larger quantities of pepper I use an old crank style coffee grinder.
I have one for black pepper and one for white.  I'll post some pics when I get the time.

Please do pics of your grinder. I need to step up my cracked pepper game since I use it every day.

I also use a coffee grinder. It is an adjustable burr grinder, but its just a cheapie off Amazon and not as efficient as my good coffee grinder.

On my old coffee grinder, I used to take the removable handle off and attach my cordless drill! It makes quick work of it. I might have to try that again with the pepper.
Outta town. Will post when back.  About a week.

Sent from my XT1650 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app