Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hello my friends!  (Read 2936 times)

Jasonkuse

• Smokey Joe
Hello my friends!
« on: October 19, 2020, 02:34:07 PM »
New member from Jefferson City Missouri. I’ve been a lifelong Weber fan, but a recent find lead me to this awesome club!  My Weber collection includes a Spirit 700, N code 18.5” three wheeler, P code 22.5” OT, 2-DR code SJs, and my most recent addition, a beautiful Red J code 22.5” OT that I found in a trash pile a quarter mile from my house. 
I have a question I can’t seem to find the answer for..
What determined in production, weather a Kettle would get one or two bowl handles?
Here are a few photos...

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Re: Hello my friends!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 05:42:11 PM »
Welcome to the Club, from St. Louis! Cook-up looks grate!!!

BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Cellar2ful

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 08:30:37 PM »
Welcome to the Forum. The BAR-B-KETTLE was the kettle that came with one bowl handle. Here is a quote from the Weber Master Touch History thread on the Home Page of the WKC.

"With the 1992 introduction of the Weber Master Touch, Weber provided a model designed to provide the serious griller with a serious grill. It contained all the bells and whistles. At the time, Weber was creating a “good, better, best” approach to its charcoal grills. The 22.5” kettle lineup for 1992:

BAR-B-KETTLE with 3 user installed daisy wheels, single front bowl handle (wooden), disk ash catcher with clips, black wheels, single center spoke triangle frame

One Touch Kettle with one touch cleaning system replacing the daisy wheels, standard cooking grate, dual bowl handles (wooden), disk ash catcher with clips, white wall Weber wheels, standard triangle frame

Master Touch Kettle: All of the features of the One Touch kettle plus an integrated lid bale, removable lid thermometer below the handle, enclosed ash can and ring assembly, flip style grates, and charcoal fuel baskets.

Performer kettle: All the features of the Master touch installed in an integrated cart with charcoal storage and available gas assist starting.

Here is a link to the thread:

http://weberkettleclub.com/history/the-weber-master-touch-history/
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 08:34:04 PM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 09:05:38 PM »
Welcome from Virginia Beach, VA.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 03:18:46 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga. happy to have you on board
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Bertl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 03:21:56 AM »
Welcome from Vienna nice intro

Sent from my SM-G950F using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 03:49:40 AM »
Welcome to the WKC from Gainesville, Florida

Nice looking cooks!

Jasonkuse

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2020, 03:15:03 PM »

Welcome to the Forum. The BAR-B-KETTLE was the kettle that came with one bowl handle. Here is a quote from the Weber Master Touch History thread on the Home Page of the WKC.

"With the 1992 introduction of the Weber Master Touch, Weber provided a model designed to provide the serious griller with a serious grill. It contained all the bells and whistles. At the time, Weber was creating a “good, better, best” approach to its charcoal grills. The 22.5” kettle lineup for 1992:

BAR-B-KETTLE with 3 user installed daisy wheels, single front bowl handle (wooden), disk ash catcher with clips, black wheels, single center spoke triangle frame

One Touch Kettle with one touch cleaning system replacing the daisy wheels, standard cooking grate, dual bowl handles (wooden), disk ash catcher with clips, white wall Weber wheels, standard triangle frame

Master Touch Kettle: All of the features of the One Touch kettle plus an integrated lid bale, removable lid thermometer below the handle, enclosed ash can and ring assembly, flip style grates, and charcoal fuel baskets.

Performer kettle: All the features of the Master touch installed in an integrated cart with charcoal storage and available gas assist starting.

Here is a link to the thread:

http://weberkettleclub.com/history/the-weber-master-touch-history/

So do all kettles with the one touch cleaning system have dual handles?  My confusion is that I have a P code 22.5” one touch with ash sweeps and ash pan, not can, with 1 bowl
handle...

ThinBlu42

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2020, 03:35:29 PM »
As I am interested in which kettles had one vs two handles, I have to be honest in saying that I am looking at plane tickets to Missouri so I can come check out some of that food you are cooking on your Kettles to make sure which ones had one or TWO handles!

It's not GRILLING that makes you old.
It's NOT grilling that makes you old.