Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weekend cooking part 2: Saturday afternoon  (Read 419 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Weekend cooking part 2: Saturday afternoon
« on: October 04, 2020, 09:07:35 AM »
After the late night on Friday by the time everything was done, I slept in and had a lazy morning on Saturday.  After a light breakfast, I carved up the rest of the chicken and put away the leftovers, and started the carcass simmering to make soup.

I started preparing the stuff to make oatmeal raisin cookies while the chicken broth was slowly simmering away.  It was fairly warm outside plus the heat from the Dutch oven simmering, it was nice to have the window open so fresh air could get in and the kitchen didn’t get too hot.  The chicken stock eventually started to smell really good and one of the neighbourhood cats came by to check it out.

I also cut and seasoned and grilled up two chicken breasts to go into the soup as well as seasoned up that three pack of strip steaks just before I put the first batch of cookies in the oven.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
Re: Weekend cooking part 2: Saturday afternoon
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 05:53:56 PM »
Good use of the chicken caucus for soup stock. Homemade chicken soup is always a winner.

Cheers

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 03:47:06 AM »
looking good
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Jrzy.Hillbilly

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 06:50:38 AM »
Nicely done!